1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amish School Shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Newest report says that the milkman tied 12 girls feet together using wire ties and proceeded to shoot them in the back of the head execution style. I cannot comprehend what it will be like for the girls that survived while being tied to another girl who had her head blown off.
    This is just a seriously fucked up story.

2. The Amish are opposed on religious grounds to capital punishment.
    Just sayin'.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I know, and I am too, I'm just as surprised it came out of my mouth as you are.

Maybe slowly pressed by stones until mildly fucked up and scared shitless would do, plus life in prison.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Maybe it's just me, but I would have a hard time walking out of a situation if little kids were being held hostage. I realize the adults had infants or were pregnant, but still I'm not sure if I could live with the fact that I walked out on little kids.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've never been so sickened in my life as when I read that post. That Fuckin bastard should be drawn and quartered repeatedly in Hell for eternity.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Beyond imagining why someone would do that to innocent kids.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The fucking bastard – screw this expletive delted crap, tell it like it is – will have an eternity in the severe depths of hell.
    What happened 20 years ago that could have been so bad that it drove him to do something so encredibly heinous? How does his wife now explain this to their children?
    It goes without saying but my thoughts and prayers are with this Amish community tonight.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Especially because he dropped his kids off at a school bus stop near the Amish schoolhouse and then quickly went in and took the people hostage.

"According to investigators, Roberts walked his children to the school bus stop, then backed his truck up to the Amish school, unloaded his weapons and several pieces of lumber, and walked in around 10 a.m. He released about 15 boys, a pregnant woman and three women with babies, Miller said."

9. They've lived with violence and hostility -- and vicious persecution in the old countries -- throughout the entire history of their religion. I think they could imagine this. They are opposed to the death penalty because they don't recognize the right of the state to take lives, period, be it in battle or the death house.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

CNN saying 4th girl has died.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I shit you not, Dr. J read this post, looked over at me and said (seriously), "I bet you did an Amish guy when he was on rumspringa." ::)

Honestly, this whole think is frightening. Now we've got people breaking into schools and shooting people, not to mention terrorizing the survivors.

My Uncle lives 40 miles away from the shootings. My parents honeymooned (although I have no idea why) in Lancaster. We'll be down there for a wedding next weekend.

I really wanted to drive through but I think I'll cross that off my list.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

The asshole's wife released a statement, because, of course, we all needed to know how this affected HER...

"The man that did this today was not the Charlie I've beenmarried to for almost 10 years. My husband was loving, supportive and thoughtful -- all the things you'd always want and more. He was an exceptional father. He took the kids to soccer practice and games, played ball in the backyard and took our 7-year-old daughter shopping. He never said no when I asked him to change a diaper. Our hearts are broken, our lives shattered and we grieve for the innocent lives that were lost today. Above all, please pray. Pray for the families who lost children today. Please pray to for our family and children."

OUR lives are shattered, please pray for US.
    You selfish pig.

Draft saved Draft deleted