1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America's Got Talent... With Howard Stern...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 15, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And that surprises you?

What did you guys think of Joe Castillo, the sand art guy? I've met him a couple of times and he's a great guy.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

IJAG!!! DO. NOT. READ. THE REST. OF. THIS. POST.

Every time I watch another episode, I fall in love with Howard Stern a little more.

There, I admitted it. I AM NOT ASHAMED!

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hate you a little bit more now.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

When did Adele become a 14-year-old Jewish boy?

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

My local NBC station bumps the results show tonight to show the Dynamo game.

I love sports more than the average person and yet I AM PISSED!

For the first time in my life, I emailed and complained to a media outlet.

IJAG, if you are watching, please text me the results as you know them. Love you!

6. imjustagirl

I DVR it. I probably won't actually watch it until later this week. If I get a second wind and watch it tonight, I'll text.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Is it proper for Jewish people to wear the skull cap-type thing (not trying to be smart ass; I really don't know what it's called) all the time. I thought it was for going to temple and special events in the Jewish calendar.

8. imjustagirl

It's called a yarmulke (pronounced YAH-muh-kuh, or roughly thereabouts). Keep in mind that my two sources here are called "jewfaq.org" and "about.com."

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/What-Is-A-Kippah-Yarmulke.htm

http://www.jewfaq.org/signs.htm

Basically, for Orthodox followers, they generally wear it all the time. For others, it's more of a "try to wear it to temple" thing, apparently.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I couldn't stand the wait any longer. I Goggled the the results. :)

10. imjustagirl

Phew. less pressure on me now. Though I'm actually watching last night's now.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I'm still pissed at the local station for taking away my eye candy for the night.

12. imjustagirl

Fine, I'll say it.

That little tapdancing girl? She annoys the everloving fuck out of me. She looks like she's on a murderous rage, stomping on people in her misplaced mirth. Her face just looks like she's angry ALL THE TIME while she's performing. No one's going to pay to watch a little girl stomp and growl at them.

Draft saved Draft deleted