1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America's Got Talent... With Howard Stern...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 15, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm watching it now. I don't think I've seen more than five minutes from any of the previous seasons...

I listened to Stern religiously for 20+ years, but I stopped about a year ago because the show was starting to bore me.

I don't think he's going to do well, but my curiousity is piqued.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He was better than I expected. But as I told a friend on FB, if he makes the show about himself in the future when it's actual talent, then it will get real old real quickly.

3. Mizzougrad96

I can see how he might be good. He watched the show religiously and talked about it on the air all the time...

4. Mizzougrad96

Howie and Sharon have been regulars on Stern's show for ages, so there could be a pretty decent dynamic there...

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Got it DVRd. Will watch it......eventually.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I love Howard, but I had to turn AGT off after about 90 minutes. It was making me cringe. I'd never seen the show before because I'm not really a fan of the genre, but I wanted to see how Howard did. I wish him luck, but I don't think I'll be tuning in again.

7. Mizzougrad96

I'm about 30 minutes in and I'm not impressed.

8. Mizzougrad96

The father-daughter duo may be enough to keep me watching...

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

See, this was a disagreement between schieza and I. I think it was adorable, but a TERRIBLE act. Like that's not talent, it's just really cute.

And as adorable as she was, she would annoy me in like five minutes or more doses. Too precocious.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

One thing's for sure about AGT. It has...

http://xk9.com/bones/worst-tv-logo/

11. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, but you're not really that kid-friendly. :D

I agree that it could get old fast, but I could also see people paying money to see it if she can keep it together for a 45 minute act.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Where have you gone, C.J. Dippa and Haspop?

Draft saved Draft deleted