1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America's Game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jul 22, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder, 93Devil. I completely forgot this was going to be on.

Of course, I enjoyed watching it as a Steelers fan. I'm not sure it was one of their best, but it was good. I did think that they focused too much on the guys being interviewed. Polomalu was amazing, but perhaps a little more screen time for the NFL Defensive Player of the Year?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

FWIW, NFLN is airing all six Steelers' versions starting in the morning.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not their best effort, but not bad. I loved the part at the end when they were talking about the "sticky Lombardi," and how Polamalu hated that they cleaned up all the trophies to put them on display. That's the kind of thing that really elevates this series to another level.

4. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

But it's supposed to be a voyage through the eyes of three people.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get that, but maybe at least one comment from one of them about Harrison. Even when they talked about his interception return for a touchdown in the Super Bowl, most of it was about Tomlin preparing the team for such a situation.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I never realized until I covered a Super Bowl and was standing within a foot of it that the trophy gets so unbelievably smudged up.

Bob Sanders had it at his interview station at Super Bowl XLI and it looked like a class full of kindergartners were playing keep-away with it after eating a chocolate bar on an 85 degree day. Fingerprints all over it. It was kind of gross, really, and not terribly sanitary. You can probably get H1N1 from it.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Mucho gracias for the heads up, I got the DVR set. I'm ready for a day of football right now.

8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

How 'bout this trio?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not even close. They look closer to Appy State.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted