1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Muscle Cars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Well, the Maserati is 150K.

The Audi is 170K

If we're buying new.

It would be fun to see what kind of resto-mod / custom you could build for 100K.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That teaser is so fucking good.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's very cool.

I got invited by my local luxury dealership five or six years ago to test drive the Maserati Quattroporte, but when we got there it was out. So they put us in a GT convertible and that was a helluva fun ride. The rumble of the engine was positively goosebump inducing.

misterbc likes this.
  5. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

Tons of used Maseratis in Canada for under $100k CDN let alone US. A 2015 Gran Turismo was for sale a couple weeks ago in Calgary for 80k Canadian

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I was selling cars at what was then a Ford-Lincoln-Mercury Dodge Chrysler Plymouth store. This was in 2000.
    Guy comes in and special orders a Viper GTS Coupe. Got it with what they called the Competition Group. Racing seats. Nuts and Bolts inside. Little bit bigger engine. Car is on order for almost a year. Finally shows up. Owner calls customer to say his car is finally here....."Uh.....I am in the process of being sued. I can't take it."
    $92,000 car that is Viper Steel Gray.
    Thing is on our showroom floor 6 months and not one customer has even shown any interest.
    We had sold several Plymouth Prowlers. Very cool car.
    I get a sales call. Guy is asking if we happened to have a Prowler. Nope...didnt have one in stock.
    So we talked on the phone for a few minutes, and he tells me that if I can find a black one, and trailer it to Waco, Texas, he will write a check for sticker price. Right at 49k.
    I get on our dealer locator, and find one in South Dakota. I ask them if they still had it, and he said yep, and that he would dealer trade it, but he would have to have something pretty sexy in return......i say " How about a Viper?".......
    Long story short, we trailer the Viper to South Dakota, then trailer the Prowler to Waco, Texas.
    Me and the owner of the store took the Viper for a spin before it got put on a trailer...son of a bitch, that thing can go.

Draft saved Draft deleted