1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American League MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 5, 2007.

?

Who should get it?

1. Alex Rodriguez, 3B (NYY)

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Magglio Ordonez, OF (DET)

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Vladimir Guerrero, OF (LAA)

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Ichiro Suzuki, OF (SEA)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. David Ortiz, DH (BOS)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dmc

dmc Guest

Ortiz? I think this is a great example of someone being on the list just because of their name. Ortiz has NOT been the mvp of the sox this year. (probably a pitcher or Lowell)

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A-Rod's my vote, but any explanation that includes "for the Yankees" is irrelevant. I get the ballpark effect thing, but otherwise, sorry, no extra credit for doing it in New York.

If the Yankees make the playoffs, Rodriguez is an easy choice. He has been dominant all season and he is producing in the clutch.

If somehow the Tigers rally to get in and the Yankees are left out? Then I might give it to Ordonez. But I just don't see that happening.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Just for fun, everyone's WARP3
    ARod 13.8
    I Suzuki 11.7
    M Ordonez 10.8
    V Guerrero 8.7
    D Ortiz 8.3

Someone give Ichiro some love!!

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's A-Rod and it's not even close.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Sheeeeeeeeeeit, if A-Rod doesn't win this, I'm quitting on baseball and going to polo.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Like someone said, any other year, Maggs would have a great shot. But A-Rod's year is just incredible. It's got to be him.
    Now, if he could only become a true Yankee.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

What the fuck is WARP3?

And it's A-Rod even if the Yanks fall short somehow. A-Rod is the only reason they are even in the WC equation this year and if they don't make it they will barely miss it. And I hate A-Rod. However, I would love to see him stick it to the Yankees at the end of the year after he collects his MVP trophy by taking less money and saying he wants to play for a team that has a chance of winning it all. I might suddenly become a fan of his.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

WARP3 is just a bit faster than ludicrous speed.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I voted for Maggs because I love the underdog.

A-Rod will probably win, so long as New York finds itself in the postseason -- again.

And I don't think it's "because he's a Yankee." When a player bats better than .300, hits 50-some bombs, scores 135-150 runs and drives in about the same, it doesn't matter where he plays (so long as that team makes a postseason run), the MVP Award will be waiting.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Incredibly clutch? You obviously have not watched many Sox games. Ortiz has had his worst season in Boston (in large part due to injury) and has surprisingly been quite the opposite of clutch unlike his past seasons. If pressed to name the MVP of this team, I'd choose Lowell, Beckett, or Papelbon.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

But none of those guys have to play with the kind of girth Bid poppi dose ...

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

How can it possibly be anyone but A-Rod?

Draft saved Draft deleted