1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 7, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Solid analysis luggy... you beat me to it...

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

"Legendary British artists Lulu and Peter Noone will work with the top 11 finalists next week on 'American Idol.' On Tuesday night, the contestants will sing hit songs from the 1960s British pop invasion." As part of the Wednesday results show, Lulu will perform her hit song 'To Sir, with Love,' and Noone will perform 'There's a Kind of Hush.'"

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

that could be waaaaay cool. 8) 8)

4. boots

boots New Member

He knows that he sucks. But he's got the backing of Howard Stern and that's a big reason why he's going to win this crap. It's not fair.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

As Shajnaynay sings "I'm Henry the Eight I am...."

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I like the theme weeks because they really show some of the limitations of some of the contestants. They may sound great when they get to pick out what song they want, but limit them to one artist or one style or era and you begin to see who is truly the best.

Of course, some of the theme weeks have been pretty weak.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

ACK! My cable is all messed up!! What did they say about Lakisha's dress? It looked like it was going to eat Seacrest!

(oops, just saw a new thread this week...i thought we were running with this one, sorry...)

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I just figure that we still would, so whatever, I'll post here and there.

Blake had a great performance. Surprisingly, so did some of the other guys ... but not Sanjaya. How anyone would cry during his performance not out of misery absolutely stumps me.

9. boots

boots New Member

Years ago, the Gong Show used to have a character named Matt Idol. He was cute and he couldn't sing. Singya is the same way. But his performance was good enough to make it to the next round. He is awful and does NOT get the boots coveted seal of approval.

Draft saved Draft deleted