1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 7, 2007.

1. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

Our long national nightmare continues for another week

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Wait til Abba week.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

They need to shitcan these theme weeks.

The guys don't have much to offer, but at the same time: How the hell is any guy supposed to sound any good singing Diana tunes?

To level the playing field, next week should be Barry White appreciation week.

4. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

OK, I'm out west and at work ... at the risk of annoying others who don't wanna be spoiled (who shouldn't be reading this thread!!!), who was the bottom 3 and who went home?

5. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

Bottom 3: Brandon, Phil, Sanjaya

Going home: Brandon

6. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I believe Bono is on for one of the theme weeks, unless they were referring to next season. It's nice to see someone who isn't completely out of vogue. And I can't believe no contestant has tried a U2 song. There are a ton of great ones from their early fame. It should be interesting. Lakisha will have a field day with one of those.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

You've never heard a Beatles song either. Perhaps, like the Beatles, U2 will not permit their material to be covered on the show.

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Yes, I believe that was mentioned when I brought it up earlier. But I have to assume their music will be available if Bono is working with the contestants.

10. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

Isn't Bono associated just with that 'Idol Cares' charity gamut? I assume U2 hasn't allowed any of their songs to be used on the show.

If Bono does "mentor" this group, he has his work cut out for him.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I don't think Bono will be working with the amateurs like Diana Ross and Barry Manilow did. Speculation is that he will join Gwen Stefani, Pink, Annie Lennox, Josh Groban, Michael Buble and Borat to appear during the show's charity special next month.

http://www.u2france.com/spip.php?article10184

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They announced last week that Bono is taking part in the Idol Cares thing, I think on the African end of it.

And if anyone remembers the \"World Idol\" competition a few years ago, when they had all the various worldwide winners compete, the winner was a trollish little dude from Norway (I think) who sang \"Beautiful Day.\"

Draft saved Draft deleted