1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

According to Dial Idol, which was way off last week, Sanjaya is third...

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I swear to you, if this kid makes it through another week, I'm gonna start voting for him.

There's obviously some sort of organized effort to push him through. I'm joining. 'Cause dammit, it would be absolutely freakin' hilarious to watch that non-singing shit standing on stage as the confetti falls.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Then I hope it's way off again this week.

4. Mizzougrad96

One of the theories on Sanjaya is that Idol farms out its phone banks to India and they're rigging it because they're not satisfied with Kal Penn and the girl from ER as the only East Indian stars in the U.S.

If Taylor Hicks can win as easily as he did last year, I think anything is possible...

5. Mizzougrad96

The reason dial idol has been so far off lately is because it can't count text messages, which is more and more becoming the way people vote...

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

People text their votes in because tehy don\'t have to sit on the phone and wait for their turn to vote. They send the text and get a message a couple hours later than their vote was received.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

get this crap: i'm trying to get phillippi sparks on the phone to talk about his daughter jordin. the giants told me to go through "american idol" pub dept. at FOX. i was told all relatives of final contestants are under lockdown orders!! our tv guy says yeah, "american idol" is a bitch.

and i thought the nfl was tough. yikes!! ??? :eek: ???

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

After the Ryan-Simon tete-a-tete last night, this video is amusing: http://gawker.com/news/ryan-seacrest/ryan-seacrest-his-straightest-moments-244139.php

9. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

Maybe go behind Fox's back and go through the NFLPA. I've had success with them in the past getting numbers of retired players.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, i've got a call in. but i fear having a number won't make phillippi talk. seems like "a.i." has scared off everyone from talking without the go-ahead. bastids.

11. Editude

Editude Active Member

Jordin just might surprise in this thing. Plus, she's becoming prettier each week. Actually, several are getting boosts that way. I like Brandon, but he needs to be penalized for trying to skate through each week.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

1. Kal Penn is awesome.
    2. If Sanjaya ends up winning, it can quite possibly be the end of American Idol.

Draft saved Draft deleted