1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I actually liked the girl they let through right before her better. The brunette who sang, "I can't make you love you.'' She's one of those who, on first glance, is attractive but not overwhelming. But the longer you look at her, the better she looks, and she can sing. I was stunned when Simon and Randy were both lukewarm about her, reticent to even send her to Hollywood.

The 16-year-old girl is the opposite. Splashy at first glimpse, but actually not as pretty. And her singing was fairly rough -- she got worse as her song progressed.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The mother of one girl who got dumped actually asked a great question about Cowell: Why is a Brit judging American Idol?

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

M.R. -- good to see you're on board this season. :) Neither the brunette nor the blond did anything for me.

Yawn -- Not true. A lot of times people with home video don't even get put through to Hollywood. You must be new to the show.

Last night, I liked the second half of the cousin duo -- the guy who had to make Simon "not be bored." And I liked the girl with the weird facial expressions. Hopefully, she'll fix it.

I can't wait for the Hollywood rounds - those are my favorite of the season... when they have to break into groups -- it's usually hilarious!!

I still call the 'Rocky' workout chic from New York my favorite so far this season.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Glad they gave that girl a second chance, but the cousins made that episode for me. They were hilarious. And I liked the guy who sang "Cupid" at the end of the show. Smooth delivery.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

My other favorites so far...

* Fidel Castro look alike
    * Jersey girl who was better than her best friend
    * Guy who forgot the words to 'Build Me Up Buttercup' last season
    * The kid in IJAG's sigout
    * Jori somebody - exotic looking Canadian girl
    * Crooner from Memphis whose dad had a #1 song

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My favorites so far this season ...

--Panther
    --Fidel Castro
    --The cousins from last night's episode
    --"I want to make David Hasselhoff cry."
    --The backup singer who sang Stevie Wonder at her audition

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Akron Watson, an "American Idol" contestant from Dallas and one of the feel-good stories of the new season, has been disinvited from the Hollywood round of the show, possibly after producers discovered a pot bust on his record.

Watson, whose San Antonio audition aired on last night's "Idol," was arrested in April 2003 for misdemeanor possession of marijuana, according to court records obtained and posted by PegasusNews.com. He was headed to Hollywood after impressing the judges with his singing, and his story. But Watson tells Pegasus News that two days before he was scheduled to leave for Hollywood, he received a call saying that he would not be competing anymore "for unknown reasons." "Idol" producers did not comment on their withdrawn invitation.

Meanwhile, another contestant from San Antonio, facemaker Ashlyn Carr, was reportedly arrested in August for pouring sugar into the gas tank of her ex-boyfriend while a student at Sam Houston State University, according to a report in The Houstonian Online.

When confronted by police, says the Houstonian, Carr confessed to the crime.

[​IMG]

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Because he was a judge on the original "Pop Idol" show in England.

And because he's fucking hilarious.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Without him, you have nothing.

Would be like this board without me.

Oh yeah....

:D

10. boots

boots New Member

Or the board without boots. Simon is my man. He calls it like he sees it.
    GO BRITAIN!!!

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The board without Columbo and boots ... can we make this happen? :D

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

You stay classy, Ashlyn.

Draft saved Draft deleted