1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol Season 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gator, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I'll still watch, but the show really has had two jump-the-shark moments for me. The first was a few weeks ago, when Caleb was forced to apologize for a nut allergy joke, and the second was last night, when the judges used the save on Sam after a monotone performance of "Babylon."

I didn't expect Sam to go all Casey Abrams on us in his reaction, but Ryan Seacrest was more excited.

That being said, my three picks at the start of the top 13 are still alive: Caleb, Alex and C.J. Yet as the weeks go by, I'm more and more convinced that Jessica (and maybe even Jena/Gina) could sneak into the top three. C.J. might be the next to go, although place my money on Dexter.

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

The fact that half of America didn't explode with INTERNET OUTRAGE!!!!1! when the pink-haired chick performed a song about school shooting on a TV show geared toward school-age kids proves to me that no one is paying attention to American Idol anymore. The only reason I know this is my wife continues to watch terrible TV, and I have no choice but to hear this crap when I fix dinner or clean the kitchen. Sigh.

3. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

J-Lo uses it for her own self-promotion. That's the other reason this is a waste of time.

Draft saved Draft deleted