1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol Finale 5/22

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, May 22, 2007.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

[​IMG]

She doesn't need your vote. She's a lock. ;)

2. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

I guess that should've been a picture of Obi-Wan, but oh well, you get the drift. :-[

3. Sporty_Harvey

Sporty_Harvey New Member

OK, those of you who DVR'd the show, answer me this:

How did they edit Jordin's ending? She was crying at the end of her last song, but when they showed the recap, she wasn't crying. It's a totally different ending. Did the producers record Jordin and Blake during rehearsal in front of everyone (before the show)? And, why edit her performance like that?

4. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

5. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

Last year while making the talk show rounds, Katharine McPhee said the close ups are from the pre-show audition so maybe she cried during one of them but managed to keep it together the second time around.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Not true. Underwood's debut cd was the bestselling album of 2006 -- all genres.

7. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

OK, touche. I still think Clarkson's a bigger player in the game than Underwood.

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Go Jordin I love this girl she is talented.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

So many ways to punctuate, so little time.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Underwood, who has won a gazillion awards?

Clarkson had one dominating song and several middling ones. Underwood has hit it big with (I believe) every single off her album.

That being said, I was so bored tonight I listened to, at best, 30 seconds of each performance. But the judges sure liked jordin.

11. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Didn't Kelly Clarkson win a Grammy too? Or am I making that up?

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

One grammy? Perhaps. But I think Underwood won every major award in the country awards she was up for, as well as a grammy or two.

Again, this is all off the top of my head. I don't care enough to do the research. Besides, I need another Yuengling!

Draft saved Draft deleted