1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol Finale 5/22

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, May 22, 2007.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

This song definitely plays more to Jordin. Game. Set. Match. :(

2. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

Yep. Jordin's the winner.

3. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

They were my two favorites for a while. Blake from the beginning and Jordin from country week (when she sang that Martina McBride song). They'll both be successful, but yes, Jordin won tonight, by a pretty big margin. However, that song BLOWS.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That dress is stunning on her....she's just adorable.

I'm bothered that her mother is never crying...I'm crying, why is her mother not crying??

5. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

They got Daughtry on tonight. Here's hoping for a McPheever appearance tomorrow night.

6. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

She is an adorable girl. I guess it's OK to use that adjective when talking about a minor, isn't? ;)

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I still believe Idol is not fixed, but conspiracy theorists can hang their hat on that piece of crap tune that was the songwriting winner. Right in Jordin's wheelhouse, and so outside of Blake's. He should have beat-boxed it, rapped it, anything other than play that piece of dreck straight. I think Blake had a slight lead going into the last song, but Jordin's last performance was pretty decent all the way through (such a rarity for her). Yeah, Blake's range as a singer is limited. Then again, a lot of famous, good singers have limited range. Jordin's weakness in stage presence is stronger than any singing weakness Blake has.

Bottom line: Simon did his best to build suspense, but I'm guessing Jordin, 53-47. And frankly, I don't see a Clarkson- or Underwood-level career for any of the final 10.

9. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Jordin looked incredibly nervous on the first song but still sounded good. She absolutely crushed Blake in the next two rounds. Is it weird that I was proud? I've liked her since the top 24. That was one of my favorite shows in a long time.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Can I still vote for Melinda? Jordin clearly was better tonight, but last week's result ruined the finale for me.

11. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

I doubt anyone will have a career at the level of Clarkson as long as the show exists. As for Underwood, you can't even say she's as big as Kelly because she's in the country genre, which, like it or not, is not at the same level as straight pop.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

this notion that blake can't sing but so what? is silly. successful artists who don't have classically good voices are also musician-songwriters, which blake isn't.

man, mrs. shockey is so fired up she's even voting this week, fearful that blake can win 'cause jordin backers will think she's a lock. she's convinced that's what screwed doolittle. :eek: :mad: ???

Draft saved Draft deleted