1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol -- Final 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by estreetfan75, May 8, 2007.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Hmm, I don't know about that. To me he sounded just like the SNL parody, without the "I'm Barry Effing Gibb!"

2. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

talkin' bout chest hair, talkin' bout crazy cool medallions.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You could hear moving up to No. 298 on the most livable places list slipping through the city's collected fingers...

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I missed tonight, but last night it sounded like Barry needs to get his dentures adjusted so they fit better.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ms Slappy was screaming over his dentures ... "He's trying to keep his lower plate from falling out!!!"

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I'll probably be wrong because I haven't seen the whole season, but of the few episodes lately I don't see any future star in this batch. Each person has some sort of hang-up IMO, either not attractive enough but talented or attratice but not talented enough. I know people love Jordin but she doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Of course the winner will have some measure of success initially because of the show, but I see this year's winner going the Fantasia/Taylor Hicks route as opposed to the Kelly Clarkson route.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Went out on a limb, didja?

8. Yup. Me and The Sports Predictor are going national with our predictions, man.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Doubtful that she will attract a big name producer since she's demonstrated that she can't or won't take direction. That does not bode well for studio success.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

She'll just call on these guys...

[​IMG]

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I know you've explained it before, in this thread even, but ... do you think it's because America wasn't ready to vote three black women into the semis? Or is it more because Blake had the teen girls and young women texting their votes non-stop? Given the women American Idol fans I know who wanted him to stay because "he's a cutie," I'm going with the latter here.

12. I think this is an excellent point.

Draft saved Draft deleted