1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol -- Final 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by estreetfan75, May 8, 2007.

1. I think Blake will squeek by on popularity alone. Lakisha will leave tonight, followed by Melinda, who I think is the best singer by far in this competition and will have a great career in Gospel or anything other than pop, then Blake and Jordin will battle it out. I feel bad for Lakisha, she seems to be the only one of the four who NEEDS the guarenteed contract, but I can't see her getting it.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

To those of you who say Blake's going home?

America will really vote 3 black women into the final 3?

Really?

Disclaimer: Haven't seen the show yet.

I remain bitter and skeptical from the Jennifer Hudson/LaToya London experience.

3. It'll be Lakisha, Lugz.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A hideously bad night made worse because this group lacks any detectable personality whatsover, and another signal that Idol has begun its inevitable slide to the cut-out bin. (Young posters will have to look up that reference.)

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Everything last night was off, starting with rushing through intros, judge comments and phone numbers due to time constraints. Just a rushed show from start to finish.

And Lugnuts, I'll stick with my Blake prediction. No real reason, except that's how I would see the top three.

6. Jordin was smart enough not to sing songs that needed that BeeGees falsetto thing. Melinda did OK, but those falsetto songs lead to short phrasing and she sounds best when she can stretch out the notes and show off.

Blake's beat boxing had me cringing. I think he can do that professionally, when he has time to work out the arrangements and has more help from a producer, but more than half of his songs don't quite hit in Idol. He's trying.

7. Dignan

Dignan Guest

America voted three black women to the final four. What's your point?

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I think you know what my point is.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cut-out bin. Awesome. Back in my day, we stocked up on CDs that were $5.99 that had little cuts in the side.

I disagree on the lack of personality though. Jordin glows and Melinda's got that holy crap I can't believe I've gotten this far vibe to her. Either/or would resonate with record buyers.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Back in your day? When did Creed hit the cutout bin?

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

This could be its own thread: best cut-out bin purchases.

Mine: URGH! A Music War Soundtrack and The Name of This Band is Talking Heads, purchased in one trip to Camelot Records in Castleton Square Mall in Indianapolis, post-Christmas 1983.

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Lugs, I love ya, but I don't get turning this into a racial thing. Ruben has won this thing, Fantasia has won this thing, and three of the final four are black. I think people are voting for their favorite performers, not moonlighting as KKK members.

Oh, and LaKisha's gotta go. She will have absolutely no post-Idol career to speak of, because he's too damn stupid to listen to good advice. I said a long time ago that her thick-headness would cost her, and it's about to come to bear.

Draft saved Draft deleted