1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol -- Final 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by estreetfan75, May 8, 2007.

1. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Holy shit! I was way off. Shockey hasn't even posted yet. Damn.

2. Dignan

Dignan Guest

I noticed that, too. Maybe she simply couldn't hit the high notes he suggested. I dunno. Her voice gave out on her last song, so perhaps she had a sore throat. Regardless, it wouldn't shock me if she goes home tomorrow.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I HOPE she goes home tomorrow.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm still not sold on Jordin. Maybe it's because I've liked Melinda from the start, maybe it's because everyone else loves Jordin. Either way, this was the first time I actually liked Jordin better than Melinda. If those two make the finals, I'm happy either way.

Oh, and it's been nice knowing you, Blake.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry to disappoint. just thought i'd take the high road after jordin kicked everyone's butt last night.

now she should kick simon's butt. as noted by others, you don't want a 17-year-old to sound old? don't make her sing effin' bee gees songs!!

that is all. oh, besides it won't be sad to see sound-effects boy or one-trick lakisha -- ms. "i-know-more-than-anyone-and-don't-need-advice" -- hit the road.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thing that gets me with LaKisha is that she isn't having fun. Jordin has fun. Blake has fun. LaKisha is, well, a bank teller -- stiff, uptight...
    I, like most of the nation, think she needs to go.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I didn't see the show, but I'm not surprised Blake went too far. He can do the stuff straight just fine. He better not beat-box the Beatles!

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was one of the worst Idols that I've seen. Blake was awful and Lakisha wasn't far behind. The competition was just waiting to be grabbed by one of the other two, but neither did so.

I'm guessing that Lakisha goes home.

9. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Agreed. One of the worst shows of the season, if not the worst. No one showed the Wow Factor, not even Shockey's precious Jordin. Boring as hell.

I enjoy watching Blake, but he went a little too far last night. He's probably gone, but I still think he's brilliant. He'll end up being a more accomplished producer than singer. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Lakisha goes home either.

10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

I would be surprised as hell if Blake got the boot. He is going to get all of the "young girl" votes. I think that Lakisha is in far more trouble...followed by Melinda. Jordin is completely safe.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

One of the worst shows of the season? Well, most of the Bee-Gee songs sounded like they were sung by someone who had just had his nads squeezed. Hard to mimic that for three of the four contestants.

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Even though Blake has an off night ( :eek:) I still like him as an alternative artist. It is about time for some contestants to bring something different to the stage. Jordin's second song was horrible. Melinda, I thought did a great job last night. LaKisha is the one that I think should go home. She clearly has struggled the last couple of weeks.

Even more shocking :eek:, the fact that no one really did that well last night...I mean how hard is it to sing Bee Gees songs ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted