1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol -- Final 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by estreetfan75, May 8, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

At the moment I can't see Jordin losing.

2. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I know this won't come across as PC as I would like it, but I have a feeling that Blake is going to get through another week.
    My reasoning? Jordin, Melinda and Lakisha are going to be splitting the "black diva" vote, while young white america will focus on Blake. He goes home next week, for certain, though.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Meh. It was a weak week. Blake probably gets the boot.

4. Wow. Jordin's really grown on me in the last few weeks ... her second best song was better than anyone else's best song. Takisha and Melinda have good voices but no personality. Blake is just too strange.

I guess that Takisha goes home this week because I also think she and Melinda will split the diva vote but then Blake's bye-bye after that.

When's Abba week?

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I love it when AI assigns someone to sing 30-to-40-year-old songs, and then Simon complains how it's "too old." Then stop making them sing fucking Barry Gibb songs!

Though perhaps Simon had heard the Dirtbombs' kick-ass cover of "I Started a Joke," and was disappointed no one could match it.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

dialidol.com has blake safely in second, and melinda and Lakisha in trouble.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or so your kids told you, right? :D

8. Of course, that doesn't factor in text messages, which you would think would skew toward the younger crowd. Thus you would expect even more votes for Blake and Jordin.
    As long as LaKisha isn't in the final, I won't complain.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Hideous as he is, Blake -- as the only remaining boy -- will no doubt be saved by a strong contingent of teenage girl (and gay male) voters.

10. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

even though i expect blake to get the gate, the reason he would survive is by picking up chris' votes.

and, excellent point on making them sing songs that are pre estreetfan75 and then being panned for sounding "old."

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I thought the exact same thing - hard to criticize them for sounding old when they're singing songs by a guy who hasn't had a hit in 25 years.

By the way, Barry Gibb now sounds exactly like Darrell Hammond's Sean Connery impression on SNL. He made a ton of money in the 70s -- you'd think he could get dentures that fit.

As for the singing... Jordin blew the other three away.

Melinda was boring.

Lakisha sucked and kept her perfect streak alive -- every single time she's gotten solid advice from the guest she's blown it off and done a mediocre version.

Blake was pretty bad. I'd probably put him 4th, but if he had just done the exact same versions minus the beatboxing I'd put him ahead of Lakisha. (I really wanted him to do "New York Mining Disaster" or "I Started A Joke.")

I'm guessing Lakisha goes, and I'll be very surprised if Jordin doesn't win.

12. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I haven't read a single post on this thread yet. I just wanted to see if I'm right. I took the over (3.5) on the number of times Shockey professed his undying love for Jordin. That this thread is still on the first page worries me. We'll see.

Draft saved Draft deleted