1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol, dead amongst the sj.com community?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Feb 13, 2013.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agree with both of you on all counts. I loathe Nicki Minaj's music, but she's been the best judge on the show this season. There are, however, two other reasons Mariah is on the show ... :eek:

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

My buddy and I run a facebook page/twitter where we basically get drunk and comment on Idol. Tonight, Joshua Ledet - last year's third-place finisher - followed us.

If you guys get bored and want to read drunk texts about Idol, we're at https://twitter.com/DudesReviewIdol

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert: The white guy who plays guitar wins.

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

No white guy on guitar.
    But they did just cut the hunkiest dude on the show who would have made a run for it all because 16 year old chicks would have fingerblasted him to the final.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I take back everything I said about Nicki Minaj as a judge after last night. She seemed to base her critique on the guys on whether or not she wants to fuck them.

As for the actual singing, Curtis Finch Jr. and Devin Velez were the only ones who would finish ahead of ANY of the girls from Wednesday night. And if Joshua Ledet couldn't win last year, Curtis has no chance.

6. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I didn't see the girls so can't compare, but the boys were awful last night. I wonder whether Nicki Minaj resorted to so many comments about guys' looks/sex appeal because there was so little good to be said about the singing.

Draft saved Draft deleted