1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol, dead amongst the sj.com community?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Feb 13, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pondagrossa?

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I agree with this. The problem is, they'll show Nicki ripping the contestants a new one for 30 seconds and then the rest of the panel will vote to put them through to the next round anyway.

Contestants messing up the lyrics has reached epic proportions this year. Should be automatic disqualification, but it's not.

3. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Urban just makes faces. Completely useless.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Robby Can's is pretty good, too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The minute the judges stole the show from the talent, I gracefully bowed out.

6. dog eat dog world

Just felt like I needed to update the gang...you know...since this is such a white hot show here now.....Shubha Vedula left the competition last night as Idol has adopted 3 weeks of X Factor where judges make the choices on live nights.

But Shubha Vedula is gone.

I know you'd want to know.

And the judges position on the arena stage was center.

7. Steak Snabler

Still watching. If anyone is going to break the white-boys-with-guitars streak, Miley Cyrus-lookalike Angela Miller looks like she could get it done.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Kree doesn't suck, either.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It's their competition to lose at this point. I literally can not remember the names of any of the guys who are left, nor their performances. Angela might be able to coast through on her performance from last week alone. That's all the judges talked about after her performance this week. It might be the best single performance I've ever seen on the show.

Angela and Kree are head and shoulders above everyone right now and Angela seems to fit the Idol model a little better (she's better dressed, cuter and vocally she's equal, if not better, than Kree).

Gator, you make a good point about the judges except that it has always been about the judges - Simon, in particular. It used to be about what he was going to say to a contestant next. Now, it's what will Nicki and Mariah say to each other next. I can definitely do without that crap (and this is the first Idol season I've seen in probably six years), but it has always been about the judges rather than the talent.

10. dog eat dog world

Kree's story carries an equal tune to her voice. The Miley look alike has teeth that distract me.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I don't really know who or what Nicki Minaj is, but I actually think she's pretty good as a judge. She's pretty honest in her assessments, and she doesn't seem afraid to say what she thinks. Minaj is a lot more interesting than Jennifer Lopez or Steven Tyler. Those two refused to say ANYTHING negative or critical about anybody. It was pointless listening to either one of them.

12. Steak Snabler

I agree. Minaj gets enamored of people with style occasionally, but when someone sucks, she's not afraid to say it. Keith Urban is fine as the softie judge, with Randy Jackson in the middle. Having both Urban and Mariah Carey is kind of pointless, though, because they basically say the same things all the time. It seems like Mariah is only there for the purposes of faux drama with Nicki.

Draft saved Draft deleted