1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol, dead amongst the sj.com community?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Feb 13, 2013.

1. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Watched about 20 minutes so far. It's like comparing steaks at Ruth's Crisp. Can't make much out of any of them, anything that stands out. Basically it's boring.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That Ruth's Crisp place is pretty good, but I prefer Milton's.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Kill your Idol.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

It's just the same shit year after year. They all sound like generic pop singers because it's all the producers put through. Because of the voting demographic, it'll be another white boy with a guitar. Seriously, if that's all the show can give us, just end it. How many more Phillips and Krises and Scottys do we need? It's all the same shit to my ears.

5. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Here, want this ipad that as you are typing along, predicts words?
    Smartass.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've seen a few episodes and I have to admit, Nicki Minaj has been surprisingly good as a judge. I don't care for the overblown "feud" between her and Mariah, and I've never particularly liked Minaj, but she's kind of taken over the panel and doles out some legitimate criticism and praise.

Keith Urban is a stump.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm going to say this once: Keith Urban is a goddamn Australian hero. One, for putting up with Frozen Face. Two, for having the best highlights I've ever seen -- man or woman. He's adorable. And the only Hobbit I would.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Frozen Face... heh heh

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The Psalm is pretty good, too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I watched the first few seasons, and I always enjoyed the shitshow that is the auditions more than the actual competition. I usually tuned out about halfway through unless there was someone I really liked. And once Simon, as much of an ass as he was, left it wasn't worth my time anymore. And I can't commit to however many hours the show is one these days. Just end it.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And for those on a tighter budget, there's always Longform.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Fuck you all...Sizzler.

If not available: Ponderosa

On a budget? Steakums.

Draft saved Draft deleted