1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol -- Birmingham

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Editude

Editude Active Member

The voice on the chia-pet dude was OK, but his personality got him though. And when Jamie was asked to tell a story and said her stepdad killed his cheating wife and shot himself, I thought I had switched to a Law and Order episode.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

OK, I know we're at Los Angeles now in the auditions but I definitely just cried after the old man talked about his wife dying and auditioned. I'm such a fucking girl.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Don't blame me for the furor. She was obviously a Christian, and like Mandisa, Hollywood will always put those people in their place.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

But Yawn, weren't you the knuckle-dragging douchebag who came on here to gloat that the knuckle draggers had stolen back Hollywood from the fags because Brokeback Mountain didn't win best picture last year?

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I haven't the slightest recollection of that, but any idiot knows the difference between the Hollywood insider agenda and that of the larger American populace - of which a minority is social liberal. With that applied, it's obvious to see why Brokeback didn't live up to its promotional hysteria.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Of course you don't have the slightest recollection of that.

That was bubblebrain. *wink wink*

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

BYH, have you ever called a liberal a douchebag?

Cite examples please.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Prick sumbitch called me one once. Once.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Much like Rambo, sometimes I seriously wonder if Yawn is for real or just playing a joke. Do people like this really exist? Injecting a gay/christian/liberal debate into an American Idol thread?

Yes, I know I'm being naive.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

If you're gonna fix the quote, don't half-ass it.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

sorry :-[

Draft saved Draft deleted