1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol -- Birmingham

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 30, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

There are people who bitch EVERY week after their favorite gets knocked off. This is going to make me sound like a horrible person, but it's the truth. She could have had her best vocals yet, but the way she presented herself sometimes as a larger woman might have something to do with why she got knocked off. I can remember a few weeks when I saw what she was wearing and figured she was done that week.

A lot of people get knocked off when they have their best vocal week. It's not about best vocal weeks, Yawn. It's about how many votes you get. It's about how many people outside of your local area are willing to call for you because they like you. When you have other issues, like weight or looks, going against you, you're likely to find yourself knocked out of the competition.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought it was because she sang an old-fashioned song in an old-fashioned way, much like the teen girl from Oklahoma who decided to sing Bonnie Raitt in the same 60-minute episode.

The highlights for me:

1. "I want to make David Hasselhoff cry."
    2. "No, I did better on the carpet."

3. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

wonder what the Vegas odds are on someone from Birmingham winning it again?

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oz,

The Hoff crying was my favorite. I have never laughed so hard and I'm pretty sure that alone got him through. You know, aside from his "much more conventional than Chris Daughtry" rock voice.

I actually thought the Bonnie Raitt chick wasn't bad. I think she was much better than most of the people we saw last night and on par with the other people who made it. I just think she had the bad luck of auditioning early in the day so there was no bad with which to compare her.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Because man, was Ruben Studdard slim and sexy. And Elliott Yamin? Man that guy was hot.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I was surprised Ruben won. I really was, and I thought Elliot was attractive, save his teeth.

Besides, IJAG, women and men are different. A man being overweight is much more accepted than a woman in this country.

7. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

anyone who actually believes fan voting decides the winner of this competition should have their common sense membership card revoked.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Thanks for pulling something out of my post that I never even thought about putting in.
    You are a freaking idiot.
    Go back to Godhatesfags.com, and stop bothering us with your crazy bullshit.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

How about 29-year-old men with silver-gray hair?

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Accepted -- See Cooper, Anderson.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

All I got to see was Big Bird.
    Youch. She should have been harpooned for lifting her top.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

And you saw the reason I almost puked. I didn't want to see any of that!

Draft saved Draft deleted