1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol 4/24

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Apr 24, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

When doc found out that Jordin sang Liverpool's song, he immediately went to our DVR. Now he's trying to find a good version of them all singing it on youtube. Fanboy looser. :)

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Dead. To. Me.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

4. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

I didn't think Jordin was good at all last night. She had a ton of the nervous vibrato/shakiness on notes going on, and the pitch wasn't always exactly there. I love that song, but really don't like it as a pop song either.

Still, she has become the chosen one because of the full package, which is as important as anything on this show.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just think it's funny that Taylor Hicks appears to be all but forgotten, while Daughtry, Katharine McPhee, Snaggletooth and Kellie Pickler have all released pretty successful albums...

Even Bucky Covington got a good review recently in EW...

6. OK, that's a good argument. Like I said, I never watched before this year. I guess I just showed my ignorance.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ha, it's not ignorance. I just took you to say you didn't watch last year, not you hadn't watched at all before. No biggie.

Underwood and Clarkson are the shining Idols.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So far, they're 2 for 5 with the winners...

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I heard Bucky Covington's song the other day. For country, it's really not bad. I mean, I thought he couldn't sing worth shit on the show, but I heard the song and thought "this is pretty good" then they announced it was him and I was shocked.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Buh... buh.. buh.. fantasia's the shit

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Seacrest just promised "the most shocking result" in history :-\

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Any bets on what this "most shocking results ever" is?

Two people with tied votes? Melinda getting knocked off?

Draft saved Draft deleted