1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol 4/24

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Phil's turnaround is amazing. Like Astros in '04 amazing. A few weeks ago, it looked like even he thought he should be voted off. Now he's gotten into his country groove and is taking off. Jordin sounded pitchy, dawg, early on. I thought maybe Simon would mention she was singing the Liverpool anthem. Wasn't she wearing red? I'm thinking the final three will come down to Phil, Jordin and Melinda.

The most unintentionally hilarious moment of the show was Simon visiting the food bank and his SHOCKING discovery (to him, apparently) that there are hungry people in America, some of them 20 minutes from his house. "It's hard to be believe there are hungry people in Los Angeles." Is he that cut off, or is that just what his script said? By comparison, Seacrest in Africa looked like Bono.

Who I understand is supposed to be on the show tonight.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Phil creeps me out. I have a hard time looking at him.

And yes, I would venture that Simon is that cut off to not know that there are hungry people in LA. I'm sure his idea of hell is having to fly on a commercial plane, not on a private one, in first class. I think by his own admission, he's not the most compassionate person. I'm sure these kinds of issues don't even cross his mind.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-et-idol25apr25,0,292436,full.story?coll=env-leftrail-photo

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Good grief. Of course America is "ready" for such a thing. Hell, Fantasia and Ruben Studdard have already won Idol. It's a faulty premise, set up for people to cry racism if one of the evil white people make the finals.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I didn't think it was Jordin's best, but she is SO the Idol. She's the silhouetted figure holding the mic in the open. She's it.

I wanted Blake to sing "Dare You To Move" -- woulda been perfect for him and the night.

Regarding Richardson: Remember folks, nasally is a style of singing. ;D

Well, I tried to vote all different lines for 15 minutes last night and was only able to register a single vote for Blake.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Never said that things are fair, but that's the way it goes. Plus, Taylor oozed personality.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ew. There was nothing redeemable about Taylor Hicks. THAT was an act.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that he probably was a phony, but he hid it well.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Not to me. "Soul Patrol?" Are you kidding me?

I despised that guy. I would almost, at some points, rather have had McPhee. Her I could just ignore.

YAMIN SHOULD HAVE WON!

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree that the judges are trying to get rid of Lakisha.

11. I didn't even watch last season, but I don't know how you can point to sales to say Daughtry should have won. Carrie Underwood had some crazy figure with her album, like fastest-selling debut album of all time or something.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Because Carrie Underwood was two seasons ago?

Draft saved Draft deleted