1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol 4/24

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Melinda is better talent wise.

Total package? Jordin all the way.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

But I don't find Melinda as likeable as Jordin.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Phil Stacey is giving me goosebumps and making me cry. I don't think he was the worst this week by far even if he is votefortheworst.com's choice.

4. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

At the very end of the show after Jordin sang, they cut to some crowd shots and one of the signs read "Fox 6 Milwaukee's ... Sparks" ... I'm wondering if, since the show was recorded, if they cut a sign in for each "big" market that airs the show or if there really were some idiots from Milwaukee there.

5. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

Totally agree.

As for the talent edge, Melinda is better, but only slightly. Remember, she's 10 or 12 years older than Jordin (i think she's 27 or 29)

6. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Probably the latter or from white trash Racine

7. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Chris Richardson was awful again.
    Melinda was stunningly good as usual.
    Jordin, ok.
    Please send Chris home. Please.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Totally disagree.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I love that song too... Jordin is becoming a favorite...

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My order:

1. Jordin. That was tremendous.
    2. Melinda. Also very, very good.
    3. Phil. He's had a strong two weeks.
    4. Lakisha. I've had enough of being yelled at.
    5. Blake. Weak song choice -- there just isn't much you're going to do with "Imagine" without screwing it up.
    6. Chris. Please, make it stop. He's off-key and has no range and they keep telling him he's wonderful.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Chris Richardson is this season's Elliott Yamin.

Great reviews from the judges week after week but I can't bear to hear the guy sing. I didn't get the love for Elliott and I don't get the love this guy gets. He's terrible.

Bottom three: Blake, Lakisha, Chris. Lakisha's a goner. She's not as bad as Chris, but I guarantee you that Chris got a big chunk of the legit votes (and probably some of the not-so-legit votes) that were going to Sanjaya.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Phil is rising in my book. He's the votefortheworst guy, but I really like him now. Hated him before, but the last two weeks have turned me a little. He's quickly pulling in front of blah Blake.

Draft saved Draft deleted