1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

american idol -- 4/17

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Apr 17, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

You are hereby suspended from the NIAFL for two weeks.

Ahh hell who are we kidding? we wouldn't be able to notice anyway!!!! :D :D :D

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Phil was great IMO and Melinda should be in the final three, maybe even the American Idol.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Then again, they seem rather loose with the rules. I mean, two "Latin" songs last week were Santana songs, yes, but they were sung by Matchbox 20's Rob Thomas (white) and The Product G&B (black).

4. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

What it should be ...
    1. Jordin
    2. Melinda
    3. LaKisha

What it could be ...
    1. Jordin
    2. Melinda
    3. Blake (I could see him making the final 3 -- who are the teenage girls going to vote for once Sanjaya is axed?)

What I hope to hell it won't be ...
    1. LaKisha
    2. Melinda
    3. Sanjaya

5. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

He said he has friends at Virginia Tech, yet you bust on him for sending his condolences? Stay classy.

6. Final three:
    Jordin ... Melinda ... Blake.

I think LaKisha will be in the bottom three this week. What a horrible song choice, but I haven't liked her picks for weeks. And gold boots, yeesh. My grandma wants them back.

7. I agree with your comments on each contestant.
    Every week I dislike Melinda's song but think she sang it well.
    Chris may have done himself in with his shoutout to VT (which came off as poorly timed and forced) and how snippy he was with his comment to Simon about being nasal.
    Jordin should win this thing. Melinda might have the best pure voice, but Jordin is more of a performer and, I believe, more marketable.
    Plus, I've always said she is so cute. Just wait until she gets with a trainer and matures a little bit.
    I'm certain the bottom three is Chris, Phil and LaKisha or Sanjaya. Sanjaya, of course, should go home, but I'd be happy to see any of those four leave.
    I predict it's Chris.

8. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

I don't see LaKisha in the bottom three, but I hope to hell Sanjaya is there with Phil and Blake for butchering Tim McGraw's song.

I thought Chris' screwed up the Rascal Flatts tune also, but I don't think he was being opportunistic for bringing up Virgina Tech. If he has friends there, he has friends there. He'll probably be in the bottom three instead of Blake, even though Chris is the only good looking guy left, IMO.

I think Chris is gone tonight and I hope Jordin wins it all. I like LaKisha and Melinda, a lot, but I think they both have bigger careers on Broadway than on radio at this point.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. That's my order exactly.

I think Jordin might be the Idol. She's got the looks, the voice, the star power... You look at her and think of Mariah or Whitney (hopefully minus the hangups)...

*** Did everybody vote?? *** :)

I voted heavily for everybody but Sanjaya. I gave a lot of votes to Phil and Chris because I'm thinking they're the two with the biggest chances of getting cut, therefore proping them up helps Sanjaya lose, right?

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorant question: How do you vote? Online? Phone? Text message? Yelling at the TV? Any of the above?

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Phone (free), text (not free) or both.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I want to watch the show at your house. I'm betting you shout at the TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted