1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol 2012

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gator, Jan 10, 2012.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

She works 7 a.m.-3 p.m. so she has to get up really early.

Trust me, she'd rather be awake and hanging out with me because I'm awesome.

As for the season, I've never actually watched from a complete Idol season so I've never sat through the audition process. It's interesting. Not as cool as when I jumped in last year (Top-24) but still.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

You can't be "meh" on the season. It hasn't started yet. That's like saying you hate a movie based off the previews. A bunch of good ones usually come out later because they try out with songs Fox can't clear.
    Season doesn't officially start until hollywood week.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Um, it's a television series. The season started when the shows started airing.

You can say the competition hasn't started yet. But the 11th season of American Idol sure as shit has.

And schieza, I've never been more confused by a post of yours.

4. schiezainc

Sorry. Posting while watching the season premiere.

What I meant to say was that I have never watched an entire season of American Idol. Last year was the first time I ever watched the show, period, and I didn't jump in until it was down to (I believe) the top 12 guys and girls.

So, in other words, I've never seen the audition process. What I am witnessing now is the audition process and I find it pretty interesting. A lot of talented people thus far.

Now, if you were confused about the part about my wife, I'll explain it like this. She works the morning shift and is already in bed because that's what her sleep schedule is. She would rather be up and hanging out with me because I am fucking awesome. (Thought that part was clear).

5. imjustagirl

Except I was only fixing your grammar, not asking "why is your wife already asleep?"

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

There is a girl from my tiny little town who is on there this season. Though someone will have to tell me how she does, as I don't watch.

My town never makes it to the big time.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I don't think Idol starts until it goes to the live shows.
    It's like the NFL; their season starts in September, but some say July. The tryouts are training camp, Hollywood Week is exhbition games, and then we get to the regular season that are the live shows.
    Maybe that's a stretch. I just really, really hate things until Hollywood Week.

8. schiezainc

Finished the first episode. I can definitely see Rhody's point. I loved it but I think if I were a seasoned vet, I'd be more in the "OK, enough of the crap auditions, let's see the talent" camp.

Still, there were some good ones there. No one on my girl Haley's level but, hey, few are.

9. imjustagirl

OMG I'M NOT SAYING THE AUDITIONS ARE THE BEST TALENT.

But guess what? Once a show starts airing, it's a season. If it wasn't, we would have nothing to watch. This is like arguing 2 a.m. isn't part of a Tuesday because the sun hasn't come up yet.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Well that was a shitty episode.

I guess the guy who was born with no ears was a decent enough singer, and the girl who got bounced in the Hollywood round five years ago made a nice comeback.

Other than that, no potential finalists that I could see in that hour.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Glad the auditions are over, and this week has been Hollywood Week, which has been rather good. Seems like there's a lot of good talent. But I still hate the fact that they make these people group together for numbers and choreography. That seems stupid, but I guess it makes for great TV.

12. schiezainc

God I hated tonight's episode. I know it's because I've never been through this before but I was expecting, oh, I don't know, maybe some performances on American Idol?

I know some people (Rhody) love group night but that whole episode sucked my balls. If I wanted to watch a reality show about people getting along, I would have turned on the Real World. Sing or get off my TV.

Rant over.

Draft saved Draft deleted