1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by secretariat, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

J.Lo Breaks Down Crying Over Contestant Dismissal

Sources on the set tell TMZ ... Jennifer Lopez began crying when it came time to send Chicagoan Chris Medina packing on an episode of "American Idol" that airs on Thursday.

We're told J.Lo became so overwhelmed with emotion, Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler had to talk her through it. According to our sources, once J.Lo composed herself, hair and makeup had to swoop in to give her a little touch-up.

Medina was the contestant who brought along his disabled fiancée to the audition.
    We're told she was not there for the elimination. http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/18/jennifer-lopez-american-idol-contestant-steven-tyler-randy-jackson-chris-medina/

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't know about anyone else, but the new judges are great. So refreshing to not have to hear the snide bickering and unclever quips of the previous crew. Cannot get enough of Steven Tyler, he's just so into it. Huge upgrade.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

This. Love Steven Tyler. He's cool, relaxed and the camera loves him. I've even dug out some of my old Aerosmith CDs because of him ... Jennifer Lopez, who I have loved since her sublime performance in "Out of Sight" is as sexy now as she ever was ... Randy is by far the weak link, but still has a lovable quality. ... Loving this new mix of judges.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

American Idol Top 24 Leaked! Did Chris Medina Make It?
    By wildouble - Posted on February 19th, 2011

The blog Joe's Place posted 18 of the Top 24 from American Idol. If you do not want to spoil Thursday's episode stop reading right now.

The show was pre-taped on Friday and supposedly leaked by an unidentified source.

The most shocking elimination has to be Chris Medina and his paraplegic wife. TMZ reports that Jennifer Lopez broke down in tears when it was time to send him home.

"J.Lo became so overwhelmed with emotion, Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler had to talk her through it. According to our sources, once J.Lo composed herself, hair and makeup had to swoop in to give her a little touch-up."

This is good news for Idol fans, who hate watching untalented people with great sob stories advance (Gokey!) because people feel bad for them. I was really worried that Medina would ruin this season.

Some of my People to Watch were sent home, but Fat Justin Bieber -- Jacee Badeaux made the cut. I also don't see Jacob Lusk on the list, but there are six spots missing. Here is 18 of the Top 24 for American Idol season 10 according to Joe's Place:

My "People to Watch" are underlined. You can all begin your youtube talent searches now!

1. Ashthon Jones
    2. Brett Loewenstern -- My favorite nerd
    3. Casey Abrams
    4. Clint Jun Gamboa -- The guy who kicked Badeaux off his team during the group round
    5. Jacee Badeaux -- Fat Justin Bieber
    6. James Durbin
    7. Jordan Dorsey
    8. Jovany Barreto
    9. Julie Zorrilla
    10. Karen Rodriguez
    11. Kendra Chantelle
    12. Lauren Alaina -- A favorite of the judges, we all knew she was going to make it
    13. Lauren Turner
    14. Naima Adedapo
    15. Pia Toascano
    16. Rachel Zevita
    17. Robbie Rosen
    18. Scott McCreery Possibly eliminated: Ashley Sullivan, Molly DeWolf Swenson Hoillie Cavanagh and John Wayne Schulz http://www.2snaps.tv/98110894

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

so we're going to start with the unwanted spoilers this early

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Yeah, memo to db, if you're going to slither through tmz or wherever you slither, how about a 'spoiler' tag on your ridiculous cut and paste work? Okay? Thanks.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You excel in topping yourself -- and that's not a compliment

8. printdust

printdust New Member

Actually I'll retract what I said about this going in, Tyler has grown on me. My daughter has a crush on him now, and there's some damn good talent. My faves: the blond plump 15-year-old that the judges rave about and the red-headed dude who played the mandolin while singing last week. No way Jacee gets far. He's this year's version of the high schooler who had the Sinatra style way back about the time Taylor won it.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

No in-show chat? Well I won't spoil it. But Jennifer Lopez has to be one of the most transparent, genuine people in Hollywood. And some hearts will be broken out there when you watch who goes.

Putting my kids in the place of these kids, this has got to be one of the most heart-wrenching rounds of any reality show competition. You're. That. Close.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

except we already knew because of an azzhole a few posts up from you

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

In my house, Jacee is known as 'Fat Bieber' ... and, yes, he won't last long. He seems like a great kid, though.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I can't see any way Ashton Jones (the Beyonce-esque girl with the kinky afro), Julie Zorrilla (the Colombian immigrant from LA) and Paul McDonald (the bearded guy with the scratchy voice) aren't there at the end. They're just too talented, good-looking and charismatic not to be.

I'm also pulling for Jordan Dorsey, even though he's a bit of a diva. He's from my mom's hometown.

Draft saved Draft deleted