1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol 2009

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

The Amish Bon Jovi was outstanding.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

She's only there so that when Paula finally goes batshit crazy they can move on without her and her departure won't be much of a blip.

It won't be "Cara's here to replace Paula," it will be, "Paula has left the show and we wish her luck in her future endeavors."

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Best moment:

Bikini girl ripping Rookie Bitter Judge with the Droopy Face.

AWESOME.

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I like flying under the radar. Specific to this thread, you won't see me pop in again unless someone from the KC auditions (which, incidentally, will be broadcast tomorrow night according to what I'm told) goes far.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, if there's ever another NCIS thread, ya gotta help us out.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The guy sang a wimpy karaoke version of the lame Boyz to Men song, 'Thank You' .

Since when are Boyz to Men defined as country?

7. KG

KG Active Member

I've never heard of Boyz to Men bring country.

8. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Most awkward moment:

Seacrest offering up a high five to the blind guy after he got the gold ticket. Uh, Ryan ...

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

New judge sucks, actually makes Paula look, I don't know, like a reasonable human being.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Ryan Seacrest, meet Joe Biden.

Damn, I missed the debut with my new work schedule.

11. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Totally agree with Ryan trying to give the blind gent the high five...he looked like an idiot.

And I disagree with the poster above about the new judge. I think she had some good insights and was professional (other than the bikini girl, and that whole thing was just ridiculous). More importantly, she wasn't a bumbling idiot, like Paula can be.

My biggest concern is that I think it's taking longer to hear from 4 judges vs. 3 and I wonder how that will affect things when the "real" show begins. They always seem time-starved.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm with bagelchick. The new judge is great...actually talented and has good history in the business.

My favorite performance of the night was the 16-year-old girl from California...name started with an A but I can't remember. Sang Corinne Bailey Ray's song. Halp?

Draft saved Draft deleted