1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol, 1/16-1/17

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jan 16, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just got home and turned on my Tivo, and I need to say this.

Miss Pillowlips has done with one sentence what no one else has been able to do: Kill my usage of the term "the hotness."

Fuck her.

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Just finished watching night 2 and all I can say is that I hope the other cities are better because there aren't many singer of interest yet. It could be a weak season.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The brother-sister tandem was fun.

This Nick Zitzman kid is like the bastard child of Idaho.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I swear, that Nick Zitman kid was Dwight Schrute from The Office.

The mannerisms, the speach, the attitude -- it was all very Schruted. When they asked him why he was there and he mentioned something about the people he worked with encouraging him to go, I could just imagine a Jim and Pam sitting at home laughing their asses off.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

He's the one I think is a high-functioning MR. He could be high-functioning autistic, but his mannerisms show that there is something going on.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

EXCELLENT CALL!

Christ. Sorry I didn't see that. Though his "That's all I have to say about that" was so very Forrest Gump.

And I loved Rudolfo! How could Simon say no to that?

Just finished hour 1...on to hour 2!

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I've always more thought you as a ham-and-egger.

8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

I must make sure that I use the term "Bush Baby" some time today.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Fixed.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What about the beatbox kid that said the reason he hadn't been discovered is because he lives in Seattle and not L.A.? And then the judges just laugh at him because he obviously isn't aware of all the great bands that have come out of Seattle. I got a hearty laugh out of that one.

11. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Does anyone know of any video links to the episodes? Preferably any with the good contestants?

Draft saved Draft deleted