1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Horror Story - Anybody watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Suicide Squeezer, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

The show's been all over the place so far, but Wednesday night's episode finally started to set some ground rules for what's going on and, if you care enough, the series is starting to make you think about it in a similar manner to Lost.

I'll admit, I really only started watching when the series began out of boredom and, overall, the show's just not that great. At this point, though, they do seem to have me pot committed, so to speak, to see what happens and AHS does have me thinking.

If there's already another thread for this, I apologize. I did a quick search, but nothing came up.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode and liked it. I have the rest on DVR, but haven't caught up yet.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've got all of them on DVR and am just waiting for a break in my schedule to watch.
  4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've seen every episode except for this week's. I'm not super-invested in it, in that I don't care about the characters and if it stopped airing it would probably take me three weeks to figure it out, but it's enjoyable for what it is.
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I had this same thought last night with all the strange stuff going on at once. Not sure it'll get that deep, but I'm enjoying it. I want to see it play out, but having said that, if it got canceled I would move on pretty easily. I'm not a horror/supernatural fan, but I've watched from the start. I like all of the characters (and looove Kate Mara, Connie Britton and the young maid). Can't stand the opening credit sequence. What a mess that is. Thank goodness for the DVR.
  6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Definitely feel the same way. If it got cut, I wouldn't mind a bit, but if it's on, I guess I'll watch. Just tons of different things going in the damn show, too.
  7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dylan McDermott crying as he masturbated is easily the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on television.
  8. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

What a little bitch he was in that scene.

If I had a maid like that, Chuck E. Cheese wouldn't have enough tokens on God's green earth to keep me from playing Whack-A-Mole in my trousers for perpetuity.

Plus, that scene doesn't make any sense anymore as its since been revealed he had been with his ex even after he'd been caught by his wife. That was a guilt weep ... for ... what exactly?

The show is a total mess. The ghosts are campy as hell and more funny than terrifying. There's about 9,000 characters -- 8,990 of them superfluous -- and the writing is idiotic.

But its an entertaining mess and I keep watching it in spite of myself. I was hoping DirecTV would wipe out F/X for a week or two so I could forget about it, but that didn't happen (plus I would've missed The League, the second-funniest show on TV right now behind Childrens Hospital).

YGBFKM Guest

Maybe an appearance by Bobbum Man and his equipmunk would spice up American Horror Story.
  10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Go play with your own equipmunk.
  11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You must have me confused with Mundane Ejaculation Man.
  12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Get off this message board and take it to MyFace.
Draft saved Draft deleted