1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American flight lands at LAX with blown tire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Sep 2, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It was a front tire, and it shredded a bit leaving busted-up rubber on the runway while emergency vehicles followed it, but the landing seemed to go perfectly.

[blue] No word yet on whether spinning27 is blaming the blown tire on any of Sarah Palin's kids.[/blue]

2. Grimace

Grimace Guest

You're silly.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

An utter non-event.

Think the GOP convention on 11 tires.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's an amazing job by the pilot to keep everything together and bring it down safely.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No word yet on whether you are spinning27's red twin.

Oh, wait, yes there is.

6. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Take it to the Politics board!

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

CNN covered this like it was Air Force One being chased by Russian missiles....including a camera on the wrong plane, which landed flawlessly. The damaged plane also landed without incident, leaving the CNN talkers sounding as deflated as the bad tire.

Had to be scary for the folks on board, though. Circled for three hours to burn up fuel before landing back where they started.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yeah, I'd like to think I could get on another plane straight away, but that's got to be terrifying.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

If it was a JetBlue plane they could have watched their fate on CNN like that one plane a few years ago that wound up landing safely.

10. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Fox News (not my choice...someone got to the tv at the gym before I did) did, too ... one of the reporters was tracking the plane on Flight Aware and kept talking about it. They must be loving the free advertising...

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That was a Toronto bound fllight.

Probably a whole bunch of Hollywood folks heading to the Toronto Intl Film Festival which starts Thursday

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I still don't understand why, if the plane has to be flown around for three hours to burn off fuel anyway, they can't fly those three hours in the direction of Toronto. If you know the tire's blown, it's not going to be any more blown when you get to Toronto.

Draft saved Draft deleted