1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Dad

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is that the name of the show after the Simpsons? Anyway, when I first saw the pilot a few years ago I thought it was the single worst piece of crap ever written. Just saw an episode. It's not the worst thing anymore. Some of the lines are pretty funny. Some are really edgy, like the dad's daughter prostituting herself for a few bucks to help pay for groceries. For an 8:30 p.m. show that's pretty edgy.

Anyone else see tonight's episode? It's definitely upgraded.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I saw some last season. I thought it was funny. Yes, American Dad is the name of the show.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

My boy is mad hygeniec

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It's definitely improved. Even worse than the daughter prostituting herself was the shot of the family together later in the episode confronting the car salesman and she has a wet spot on her shirt.

5. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

American Dad has been good. The pilot was wack, but by the end of the first season it was picking up steam. Now it's right up there with Family Guy.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's pretty funny... I'm not sure it's in Family Guy's class, but it's right below it...

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Very funny show. I liked it from the start.

It is an aquired taste though. It has it's moments and can be funnier than Family Guy.

Sometimes.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i don't consider 'in the family guy's class' as a compliment

9. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

I haven't been impressed with FG lately....

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Last night's FG was the first I've seen from this season... I think so much of American Dad is so similar to FG that the comparison is always going to be there...

Draft saved Draft deleted