1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Consolidated Media - ACM - furloughs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by bmm, May 12, 2009.

1. bmm

bmm Member

One day in May and two in June.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Could you offer a little more info please? I'm at an ACM paper and I haven't heard anything about this.

3. bmm

bmm Member

We were notified today that ACM will be doing a day of furloughs for May and two for June at all company papers. The only exception is for advertising. This came from the publisher of our paper.

4. Does this include the Texas papers?

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'm guessing this is a paper by paper decision.

6. bmm

bmm Member

We were told it was a company wide decision, meaning all papers in this country.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

bmm, just out of curiosity - are you a union shop and are you working 40 hours a week?

8. bmm

bmm Member

We are not a union shop. I'm a part-time employee, but the person I work for is salaried and you know what that means.

9. Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert Member

The paper I used to work for went from decent paper in a shit town to complete shitstorm the day we were sold to ACM.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This is not a company-wide deal. There's been nothing at our shop or the other ACM shops where I know people.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

My most humble apologies.
    I came to work today and was told we all have to take two unpaid days off between now and June 5.
    *heavy sigh*

12. bmm

bmm Member

No problem. Problem is my boss has stuff going on everyday, thus he'll either have to work for free or allow stuff that needs to be covered to go uncovered.

Draft saved Draft deleted