1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Chopper -- Season six running thread (OCC on the splits)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by StaggerLee, May 1, 2009.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Since the Deadliest Catch thread was getting cluttered with American Chopper talk, we'll use this thread to keep AC talk away from DC talk.

So, it looks like Senior and Junior are really going their separate ways, which is coming at a pretty bad time for OCC. Their bikes aren't selling and people aren't lining up a mile long to get their company bikes made.

I've said in the other thread and I'll say it again here, I don't think OCC survives very long without Junior. He's the brains behind the operation and his bikes are always better than Senior's old-school choppers, IMHO.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Dang, this show is still running? I used to watch Season 1 and 2 all the time but faded away after that.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sarah Palin to Appear on American Chopper

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20275559,00.html

4. StaggerLee

Yeah she appeared last night. Pretty sure at the time it was taped, she was only Alaska governor Sarah Palin, not Vice President nominee Palin.

It was actually a pretty cool segment, they talked a lot about snowmobiles.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

"Snow machines!"

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Found it interesting how Rick went on record about how 'bleeped up' things had been around the shop while Jr. was gone. Sr. probably didn't like seeing/hearing that, even if it was true.

This could be an interesting sidelight to the show now: Jr. walking around fashion shows with his GF, trying to set up her boutique.

Guess here is at some point he gets tired of it and gets back into building/designing at some level. Shit, maybe Vinny will hire him now :D

7. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Can someone fill us in for those that haven't watched since Season two?

8. StaggerLee

Well, seasons three through five were pretty normal stuff for American Chopper. You know, they built bad-ass bikes, went to cool places (Germany, Australia, Scotland) and Senior and Junior argued, as usual.

Season six, the very first episode, Junior came strolling in around 35 minutes late and Senior blew up on him. Junior made a comment about OCC being nothing without him, Senior got pissed and fired him as Junior was walking out the door. Junior said "It's about time!"

The next two episodes were spent following Senior as he got more involved in the fabrication of bikes and followed Junior as he sat at his luxurious mansion and talked to his girlfriend about a new business.

I think it was the fourth episode (two months after the fight) when Junior and Senior finally talked to each other. They decided to bury the hatchet for the good of the business and Senior agreed that he'd back off Junior and Junior agreed that he'd stay out of Senior's way.

The very next episode, Senior starts giving Junior shit about his handlebars he's designing. Junior was leaning on JQ to machine-fab the bars and Senior just wanted him to hurry up and do the damn bars. Senior goes to Finland to try to grow the OCC brand in Europe and while he's gone, Junior decides he made the wrong decision to come back. The episode ends as Senior comes back from Finland and Junior informs him that he's going to leave for good. He's apparently going to open a boutique (to which Senior says "Boutique?" with a grimace on his face).

So, it appears for now that Senior and Junior will go their separate ways. And it's not coming at a good time as OCC has had to lay off several workers over the last few episode due to the difficult economic times.

Any other questions, others may be able to chime in.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Man - used to watch it flipping through (Discovery is on my channel 7) - now that it's on TLC not so much. Swear to God, don't tell me this is the one reality show where the animosity isn't faked? Too bad, because Jr. and Sr.'s chemistry IS the show.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

What's the deal with that? Do they call them "snow machines", not snow mobiles, in Alaska? Just curious, cuz when Sr. said it, she was quick to correct him.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'll have to ask my brother in a couple of weeks when he comes down to visit.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Has anyone been keeping up with the show this season? I don't get to see every episode and caught last week's about halfway through. I wonder if Sr. kicking Jr. and Mikey to the curb is for real and how much of it is edited for shock value.

As a Southerner, born and raised in the heart of the Appalachians and of Scots-Irish heritage, my family and friends are clannish (with a C not a K) so it is totally unfathomable for me to understand how someone would let business handlers turn them against their sons the way events have been portrayed on the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted