1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America to the Rescue! (Daily Show)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Stewart hit a new high last nite. The funniest 4:15 (not to mention accurate) the show's had in quite some time, summing up how we got to where we are in the Middle East.

Enjoy.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"Fuck."

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

When I watched this last night, I saw where the progression was going about halfway through. Just superbly executed though.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It was just an outstanding segment. No one does sarcasm and disgust better than Stewart.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Great piece. It was SOOOOOOOOOO true!

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Between that segment and Obama's appearance, that was a classic Daily Show.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Ain't it great when a comedy show can, in four minutes, connect the threads of nearly 30 years of foreign policy goofs? Anybody at a news network paying attention? ... Bueller ... Bueller?

Oh, yeah, we gotta report on Jenna Jameson's boobs going flat. Sorry.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hate when he has high-profile democratic candidates on... It's so obviously scripted and never as interesting as when McCain goes on and there's an actual intelligent back and forth...

The worst was Kerry during the 2004 election. This wasn't nearly as bad, but still seemed very scripted. I'm sure he has to do that to get someone like Obama or Hillary.

I love The Daily Show, the best late night show by a mile...

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The interviews are always best when it's with someone he completely disagrees with. He cuts through their bullshit, stays funny and they -- the good ones, anyway -- come out looking good because of the give and take that goes on.

He had on Bill Kristol last week and it was a hilarious segment, particularly at the end when Stewart asked if Kristol could get Gen. Petraeus to come on the show and Kristol replied the general thinks Stewart "is a pussy."

Stewart still cuts through some of the dems bullshit, but I don't think he challenges them quite as much as others in the interviews.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He didn't go after Obama on anything, but I enjoyed Stewart asking him if he felt "trapped in a narrative."

Honestly, it's more accurate political information than you'll get most places.

Draft saved Draft deleted