1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America Hates Democrats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Just wondering what, if anything, this means for the presidential election, because I'm not politically savvy enough to comment:

I would think this doesn't bode well for Obama.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't think its a problem.

Americans hate congress in general but tend to like the guys who actually represent them.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think America hates everyone on both sides of the aisle equally.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I know I do....and I don't see how this hurts Obama.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm voting for Obama, but I do not like the Democratic Party. At all.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Joe Bob: "I hate Congress. We need throw dem bums out!"

Reporter: "So you will voting for the challengers in your congressional races."

Joe Bob: "Hell no! If it wasn't Senator Knobgobbler, we wouldn't have gotten the Rutabega Research Institute built here in Shithole, West By God and the Mrs. would be out of work!"

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Pretty much sums it up.

8. That's so true. If approval levels are so low, that means nearly everyone thinks everyone else is voting for bad candidates -- except for themselves, of course.

This leads into a discussion of term limits. Why do we need them? Because we're too dumb to vote people out ourselves! Help us!

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Ding, ding, ding....

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When was the last time Congress had a high approval rating?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sweet jumping Christ, this is a really dumb thread title.

If the elections were held today, Democrats would pick up seats in the House, and in the Senate, gain several statehouses and the White House. More people than ever self-identify as Democrats and registered independents are going to vote Democratic in record numbers.

The Democratic presidential primaries had record turnout in something like 42 of 54 contests.

Do yourself a favor. Draw a little chart. Draw a diagonal line from the bottom left corner to the top right. Label the bottom "Gas prices". Flip it upside down. Label that side "Congressional approval".

People always say they hate "Congress". And incumbents still get elected better than 90 percent of the time.

As Big Jim Dwyre, the man of wire, was often heard to say, "Smarter monkeys, please."

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

What can I say, I should be working a tab! ;)

I knew it'd get people to read.

Draft saved Draft deleted