1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America at a Crossroads: Anti-Americans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Sep 3, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's called L'Academie Francaise and it's been around for oh, 400 plus years.

It's the arbiter of what is acceptable and not acceptable in the French language.

The French don't consider it "petty shit"

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Les douchebags.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Oh man, now that is funny. Thanks for the many laughs.

4. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

We sure showed Saddam when he marched on us!

Bin Laden played W for a fool and the American troops and taxpayers will continue to pay the price long after W ends his miserable 8 years in office.

As for the French, who cares? When have they been relavent?

You got some nice are but take a sip out of your cafe-sized cup of STFU and let the big boys do the heavy lifting.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What assholes. Without the US, UK and USSR, they'd be speaking German, now. After WWI, during
    which they took grossly-severe manpower loses, they decided "never again" in terms of broadly-participating in another ground war which would further destroy the male bloodstock base, rolled over in 1940, and waited for the remaining allies to bail them out.

Good thing the allies did, and French were in a tough spot . . . but for them to pretend they paid their fair share in WWII is sheer self-indulgent fantasy.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That was Groundskeeper Willie.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Freedom fries - they look like rats, which was what were called "Cheney snacks" on last week's airing of "Lil' Bush"

8. EE94

EE94 Guest

Q: Why did the French plant trees along the Champs Elysee?

A: So the Germans could march in the shade.

But seriously, one has a far different perspective on the world if you live in a country that has been a battleground so many times.
    Most of World War I and much of World War II was fought in France, even though the French didn't necessarily want to be involved.
    The wounds in the country are still fairly raw, though it's been 60 years.
    I did a tour of battlefields in northern France a few years ago and met some girls in Arras who couldn't understand the interest. Not that they were stupid, they just wanted to forget.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well as long as there's no anti-U.S. Americans out there, we're gonna be fine.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I have nothing but disdain for the French, based on my one visit in 1994, at a port town called Brest. Despite having a great name (and signs which said, "Brest welcomes the U.S. Navy!" the people themselves weren't friendly at all. At least the sometimes ice-cold British displayed kindness and generosity by inviting some of us to Portsmouth's 800th anniversary celebration going on at the time.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Exactly ... some French snob is complaining about Sylvester Stallone, and they think Jerry Lewis is funny?
    Jerry Lewis stopped being funny when he broke up with Dean.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'll give him this, he makes a nice caricature. NICE LAAAAAAAAAAAADY!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted