1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AME/Sports, Indianapolis Star

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by PEteacher, Jun 16, 2006.

1. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

http://www.gannett.com/job/jobs/news.htm

Assistant Managing Editor/Sports

Indianapolis, IN: Our ideal candidate is an excellent journalist and leader with a strong record of developing outstanding beat coverage and enterprise for print and online, including investigative projects and special sections. Indy is one of the nation's best sports markets, with pro football and basketball teams, premier auto races, Big Ten teams and excellent high school programs. The city is home to the NCAA and several Olympics-related committees and events. The position requires a skilled communicator and collaborator who can work effectively to develop staff and coordinate initiatives with personnel across the newsroom and company-wide. Applicants should have significant experience in leadership positions at a metro newspaper. Apply to Executive Editor and Vice President Dennis Ryerson.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Anyone heard anything on this? Pretty nice gig, though it is Gannett and all.

Indy may have the biggest variety of sports for a city its size -- NFL, NBA, NCAA headquarters, crazy college basketball fans, fanatical high school following, etc., etc.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I believe this woudl be a d_b:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/25393/

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, since that one got no traction, I was willing to jump on PE's d_b.

5. mr.westerberg

mr.westerberg Member

Any info at all on this? Will it go to a current Gannett person? Will it go to someone currently on staff?

6. whatgives

whatgives New Member

Any rumblings on this one?

7. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Ryerson will probably hire the assistant ME of news first, then move on to this one.
    Will they hire in-house?

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Ned Ryerson?

I would guess he hires Stephen Tobolowsky

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Bing!

10. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

How long is he going to keep it open? It's been three months already. Who's running things now?

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Anyone know what happened here? I noticed it dropped off the Gannett jobs site this week.

12. whatgives

whatgives New Member

Let's try this again. Anyone know what happened here? Who is steering the ship?

Draft saved Draft deleted