1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AME/Sports, GateHouse Media, Inc. (Illinois)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Claws for Concern, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Company: GateHouse Media,inc
    Position: Assistant Managing Editor/Sports
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: December 20, 2006
    Job ID: 702673

Description:
    Assistant Managing Editor/Sports

Liberty Suburban Chicago Newspapers, a group of community newspapers serving Cook, DuPage, Kane and Will counties in northeastern Illinois, seeks an assistant managing editor/sports who displays talent and flair for maintaining our excellent prep coverage, while finding ways to drive less-traditional sports content into our newspapers. Help us make our sports pages relevant and interesting to those readers who are not parents of athletes, as well as those who are. Candidates should have a minimum of five years experience; metro or suburban daily experience is preferred. Send cover letter, work samples and resume to Harry Gamble, Managing Editor/Content, Liberty Suburban Chicago Newspapers, 1101 W. 31st St., Downers Grove, IL 60515, or e-mail hgamble@libertysuburban.com .

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Just to note, I found this link at journalismjobs.com and it has been one of four postings by GateHouse Media today on the jj.com site. Maybe they've cleaned house or not. Just sayin'.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Downers Grove is the home of Leapin' Lanny Poffo.

And that ends my contribution to the thread.

4. For all those hockey fans out there, it's also the home of the Granato family. And, like MM, that ends my contributions as well.

5. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

I heard a little bird that said "CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP!" But birds often say that.

6. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

Gatehouse (formerly Liberty) is right there with JRC at the bottom of the journalistic barrel.

7. happygirl

happygirl Member

I second that. Gatehouse took over The Brockton Enterprise and The Patriot Ledger. The Brockton SE was reassigned and the Quincy SE retired, and both positions have remained unfilled since the spring. There's no indication that Gatehouse has put any $$$$$ into these papers. In fact, they're severely understaffed with no signs of relief. They've got writers acting as temporary SE's while trying to do their normal jobs. Bad, bad situation.

Draft saved Draft deleted