1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AME page design/sports, Kerrville (Texas) Daily Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bpoindexter, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

While everyone is getting nicknames, I guess this makes me "Random Comment Guy."

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Call me Multiple Beer Guy.

3. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

My name is my name. Kind of defeats the whole "anonymous tough guy" tag I was given.

4. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

OK, after reading all the name-calling and other shots about this paper on here, have to weigh in briefly:

Spent 20 months in Kerrville. Left with 18 state and regional writing awards and two section awards. On top of high schools and some Schreiner, also covered the NBA (including the playoffs through the championship series), Texas and Texas A&M football, Cowboys training camp in San Antonio and Cowboys-Texans game in Houston, PGA tournament in San Antonio, was sent to APSE convention as a contest judge and generally was given the chance to do anything I could manage to pull off.

The point? Any job (whatever the pay scale) is only as good as you are willing to make it ... within your ability, of course.

Maybe that's the issue with the people who have nothing but negative things to say?

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

That's great for you. The Schmid's loved you. However, once you have landed in their crosshairs, for whatever reason, you are toast. There's a reason why this job and and other positions on this paper, keep popping up and it's not because of the people hired.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

killeen still has higher turnover rate, though.

7. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Can you name the last three people to leave this job and tell why? Stop acting like you're some sort of insider.

8. Desk slave

Desk slave New Member

The position has been filled by Paul Wallen, the former design director of the Sun-Sentinel in Fort Lauderdale.
    Thanks to those who applied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.