1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

I think in a longer season that this reunion was too short. But we've moved at a pretty quick pace because it's only six episodes. Getting Rick back with his family, I think, shows that there are even more important and personal happenings on deck for the characters.

I'm still saying it... I'm soooo looking forward to the first person to get mauled and eaten by zombies. Or at least bit so they'll contract the fever and them become zombiefied.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

My money is on the racist dude. Of course, he's missing a hand right now. It's tough to say what his future holds.

3. NDub

NDub Guest

How the heck did he get off that rooftop? Helicopter, right?

That's a long descent, especially in pain and with one hand. The folks in town for supplies, especially T-Bone, made it obvious that the staircase was the only way to and from the rooftop. And the door wasn't busted through, and there was only one geek in the department store. hmmmm

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

my tier of dish doesn't include amc so i'll be left out in the cold for season 2 when my month free preview runs out.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Just saw this week's show.

1. If you reach the hacksaw, why the hell would you cut your hand off instead of the cuffs or the bar? WTF

2. To Rick's wife ... yeah, yeah, Shane lied; said he was dead; you're really, really sorry; you didn't mean to have sex with him ... although if it if was true the body wouldn't have been cold:

(channeling my best Sam Kinison)

You're a fuckin WHOOOOORRE! You fucked your husband's FRIENNNND! Oh, Oh, Oh, OHHHHHHH! I hope you die, bitch. You deserve to be gang banged by the fuckin ZOMBIIIIIES!

And Shane; he, he, Mr. Helper; Mr. Just Takin Care of the Family Guy: You should be fucked in the ass by the dead DEEEEER. See how you like it.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

chef!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

They're also building up a rescue of the father/son from the first episode. My guess is the season finale will have something to do with that.

BTW, the first Dixon brother is still pretty bad-ass from the first time I saw him in Mississippi Burning.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I keep watching because I want to believe AMC had some reason for putting this on the air. So far, it's just gross and predictable. Really gross, so gross I can't believe it. I think I just don't get it. I mean, tell me when you saw the bucket of tools tumble over on the rooftop, you didn't think, okay, that hand is getting sawed off so Deliverance can get off the roof.

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I thought one of the other guys would throw him the saw so he could go at the handcuffs, but obviously I'm a little less country.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you are that caught up in how gross it is, you just aren't in the target audience.

Neither am I, really. I usually don't like zombie stories in any medium. But I've heard about how great the comic was for years, so I've given this a try. I only really watched one entire episode, but that is just me being a Steelers' fanboy and them having games two of the three nights this has been on.

11. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I am a little confused about tonight's episode. I thought the guy in the tent and the guy who dug the hole were one and the same. But I guess I was wrong. So who was in the tent?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm with you. Never have understood the fascination with zombies.

Draft saved Draft deleted