1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

You couldn't do seven more to get to an even 200?

3. outofplace

Hell, that final issue is 71 pages, which is three issues worth of story. It's just odd that they would end it so abruptly this way.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

A lot changed behind the capping and printing of #192 and #193 apparently. Kirkman wrote in the Letters...section there was still a story there.
    Weird

5. outofplace

Is anybody still watching the show? I tend to stick with shows even as they decline, so I'm still with it and I think it has rebounded a little this season. The problem is they keep laying seeds of other series or the movies, the latter of which haven't even started production yet, and the original cast keeps dwindling away.

6. spikechiquet

I am an episode behind, but still watching. I enjoy it for what it is and don't try to think. I shut my brain off when watching TV for the most part. LOL

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think this season has been one of the best in the whole run.

8. outofplace

I will ask again. Is anybody else still watching? The completist in me continues to drag me along.

Actually, I'm not hating it. They can still manage the occasional "Holy shit!" moment. They had one last night.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Haven't seen last night's yet. I thought the first one back was awful, the one with Daryl and Carol, grew on me as it went on.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My wife, a former viewer from long ago, saw the commercial and said, "Who the heck is still alive?"

Which brings me to the question, who the heck is still alive?

11. spikechiquet

I'm more interested in the storyline from next week's crew (which is more in line with the comics)
    But it's still our Sunday night (or Monday night if my wife is tired by 9 Sunday) "tune-in" show.

12. outofplace

They have turned over most of the cast. I think Daryl and Carol are the only ones left from the first season. Rick and Carl served as the core for the entire run of the comic, but both are long gone from the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted