1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

The Junction ... the Junction ... hmm, refresh my memory. Was that where a rural matriarch has three nubile daughters who have turned, so she puts her "Uncle Joe" in charge of bringing unsuspecting city folks to her B&B by the retro Iron Horse, having them over literally for (wait for it) lunch? I'm assuming they lived a fur piece down from Herschel's farm.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Terminal?

Joe Williams likes this.
  3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Terminus? That was OK in my book because it led to the most gruesome episode of violence, vengeance and mayhem in the church.

And I never get tired of this scene, my favorite from the series...

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I realize quite a few people have bailed on the show and it has absolutely declined, but that was a hell of a WTF moment.

spikechiquet likes this.
  5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yikers!!!!!

6. outofplace

Exactly. It wasn't the Red Wedding, but it was damn sure as close as the show can get.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I went to high school with one of the guys who got blown up. I think he's the guy behind the long haired biker on the left. He's done some extra and working-actor type roles in small movies, and he was touting this scene on his Facebook page for a while after it aired.

Joe Williams likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I tapped after RIP Glenn - read a recap from tonight and couldn't figure out/remember/care who 92 percent of those people were. Michone and Daryl are still around right? Carol?
    Show got a lot less interesting when Lennie James disappeared.

9. outofplace

I do miss Morgan. I even gave Fear a brief chance after he moved to that show.

The cast of characters has changed quite a bit. The big reveal last night was right out of the comics, though they changed which characters were involved.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It just got really hard to care about characters - particularly new characters - when so many died without really contributing anything or moving the narrative along. Is there anyone left from episode 1?

11. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

i stopped watching at the end of season 8, and I was intrigued enough by the chatter to read a recap of last night's episode. either I have a terrible memory or they really did a reboot, because I didn't know who most of the people were enough to be shocked or care.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I guess a new show runner has made a difference this year.
    I do also watch FTWD, it has also , imo, been really good lately.
    I tend to stick with shows after I have invested my time in them.

Draft saved Draft deleted