1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This has bothered me too. It's hard to get a sense of just how much time has elapsed but it seems the gas should have not so much run out but gone bad and become unusable before now.

2. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Since it’s been a few quiet days since the Season 9 premiere, I will just ask if anyone is still watching. The episode is on my DVR, but I haven’t had any motivation to watch it. I don’t see that changing anytime soon. (The end to Rick’s story may draw me in for an episode or two.)

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I finally watched it last night (tons of family in town until now) and just came on here to see the reaction (or lack thereof).

I thought it was a good start to showing how Rick could leave. Everyone is still pissed that Negan is alive 18 months after the fact and he's going to feel isolated and leave (possibly with Michonne?) It would actually tie into the books a bit.

Speaking of the books...I love that Greg Nicataro wore a shirt on Talking Dead that hinted at the future arc of the show. :)

I will say I don't believe he will die. Touting a farewell season makes it seem like he will just walk away, which leaves room for a return when Andy Lincoln realizes he won't have much to do after he leaves the show. LOL

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I quit after season 6 and don't regret it a bit.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is Morgan the only significant character to leave the show without being killed off?

I also get the feeling that Rick, Maggie or both will leave rather than die when the actor leaves the show this season.

But hey, maybe they will have Negan escape, capture Rick, make him watch as he murders Michonne and Judith before bashing Rick's head in with Lucille.

Then Rick wakes up gasping, as if from a nightmare. We see a hand on his shoulder comforting him. It's Keira Knightley! They have a brief, tender conversation and go back to sleep. The camera pans to the side and you see the head of the guy who played Knightley's boyfriend or husband (I forget) in that movie on a spike near the door.

Hey, that's not much worse than the current show, is it?

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Still watching. Obviously some of the luster has worn off and the past couple seasons have been "meh," but I like what they did with Fear The Walking Dead and am hopeful TWD will be invigorated. Early review I saw said it's worth tuning into this year.

7. spikechiquet

It was a good episode. Cool zombie gags, they answer questions about fuel and food, and justice was served (finally) in one aspect, but I can see how it will cause a rift.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Still watching. It was fine. Nothing more.

Probably watch through Rick's exit.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I think Andrew Lincoln is pretty well typecast as Rick.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I watched it finally. It was better than a lot of last season but Im not like screaming to get to the next epp either.

11. spikechiquet

Yup. Other than being in Love Actually, it's the only thing I can name that he has done other than TWD.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That scene at the end with Negan was certainly interesting. Even behind bars Negan exudes confidence.

Draft saved Draft deleted