1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you have British actors trying to do Southern accents. Carl becomes Coral. LOL

2. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

I enjoy ripping-out-a-dude’s-intestines Morgan.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Just makes him every other character on the show. Not-gonna-kill-people Morgan was different. Showed someone with some hope for mankind left. Now he's a monster, too.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I presume they need a reason to get him over to Fear the Walking Dead and this is going to be it, he can't take what he's become again, etc.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Either that or he'll take one good look at Rick and say, "Damn. That motherfucker is crazy. Which way to the zombie-infested wasteland?"

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wasn't he crazy when Rick first found him? He then went through all the Zen stuff to not kill but is starting to revert.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I wish the death of Coral came earlier in the show's run if that was where they were going. His last episode was really well done, but it was missing an emotional punch because of how they developed his character.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He was relatively stable when they first met, way back in the first season. He and his son found Rick and helped him acclimate. Morgan just couldn't bring himself to put down his wife, who had been turned and was still walking around in their neighborhood. If I remember correctly, that helped lead to his son's death.

When Rick found him again, Morgan was acting crazy. He had lost it after his son's death. It was between then and when Morgan found Rick at Alexandria that all the zen stuff happened.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It was a solid episode. Pretty well done on all fronts.

But it’s not appointment tv any more. I’ll still watch. But they need to wrap it up next season.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

That's what frustrates me most. They had a great episode showing his redemption. And now they've pissed it all away. Probably so they can spin him out of Alexandria and toward the Fear the Walking Dead folks, but they could've done it without making him a monster.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I hated the last episode. It was OK, really, but for someone like Carl going out, I expected it to be an emotional wallop, and it just didn't have it. And I hope to never see Andrew Lincoln crying again. It's the same every time, and it doesn't pack any punch. It just makes Rick look like a bitch. His acting is getting worse every season.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, he has been heading this direction for a while. If I remember correctly, it goes back to the Saviors murdering the kid he mentored at the Kingdom. It's not out of the blue at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted