1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was pretty heavy on Morgan, with some attention on Carol and the Kingdom.

My problem was how clearly they telegraphed the shooting. They use the same pattern over and over and it gets tiresome.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They only way they are keeping me is that there are several people I want to see impaled with a traffic sign.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It is Morgan-centric but you do get a dose of Carol and some tertiary characters thrown in the mix. The biggest thing you probably missed was Morgan crack into Season 3 Morgan because of shit that goes down.

Honestly, I enjoyed the episode despite it being singularly focused. It gave us something about where the season is headed, there was some foreshadowing contained to events within the episode (some cheesy and some more well done) and there were plenty of stakes. You weren't sure how things were going to end for Morgan and his group within the Kingdom. The driving action was well done and you could feel the build up. The Carol interludes weren't distracting from the main storyline and even helped to advance it. And finally we got some key pieces put in place that will drive the final end game between the different factions and the Saviors. Carol and Morgan look like they're ready to get some shit done.

Likewise I'm excited for next week's as well. Looks like we're going back to Hilltop and shit is going down there as well. I like the second half of this season much better than the first half. We're getting a lot of chess maneuvering which (along with the Trash People) can be a little daunting to get through, but there is enough going on to keep me engaged with the story lines. I'm not saying it is the best they've ever done, but I've appreciated the effort in this second half, with a couple of exceptions.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I liked it, too. Yeah, you knew the kid was going to die. But, and maybe I'm a bit thick, but I didn't see it coming when Morgan killed that dude.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    bigpern23 likes this.
  5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

One question from watching the previews for next week: How the hell and when the hell did Darryl leave the Kingdom for Hilltop? I don't remember seeing him leave, unless he did it after he went to Carol's.

6. outofplace

I believe it was the same episode, KY. He marched right out, saying he was rejoining the group.

7. KYSportsWriter

OK. I must have missed it when I was catching up.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Man, tonight's episode could easily have been an insert into one of the previous episodes. There was no reason for everything that happened to be its own episode. I guess they decided to save any real payoff of story line for the next two weeks.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If they at least had put a bullet in Eugene's head, it would have held me over.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. KYSportsWriter

I just did not care about the Sasha and Rosita stuff, even though it is a central part to the overall story.

I kept waiting and hoping Darryl would jump out and kill that one savoir, but then it would alert the others and then all hell would break loose.

And Gregory ... I'm not sure if he's playing the field like Eugene, but he pissed me off in this episode. His demise can't come soon enough.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I also didn't care for the Sasha/Rosita dynamic, mostly because I've grown bored of Rosita's always angry demeanor. And the payoff just wasn't there. Sasha, who wanted to go for the sniper shot "and maybe get out of this thing alive," decides to lock out Rosita and go on a suicide mission? It didn't make sense to me.

On the plus side, tonight I discovered that Aaron is a fantastic impressionist:

John Malkovich as Rose in Titanic is my favorite, with Brad Pitt in Jaws a close second.

12. outofplace

He nailed Kevin Spacey's voice and Liam Neeson in The Princess Bride was outstanding.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted