1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I especially liked Rick's smile at the end. The group is surrounded by what seem to be very hostile folks, but he's already thinking of how he can turn them on the Saviors.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought the Amazons liked to hunker down in their secret fish camp.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Do not critique the show. If you do not like every aspect and execution of the show, you should just stop watching.
    The show is a perfect execution and rendering of the Creators' artistic vision and plan. If you do not like something, the fault is yours not the Creators'.
    If you can't say something good about an episode, just admit that it set up the rest of the season nicely.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Nice to see the group starting to fight back rather than getting its ass kicked.

Pretty good start to the second half. Though, the King stuff kind of seems silly. I'm sure it's a big deal in the comics. But, even in the apocalypse, I'm not that act is gonna get people to follow you.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I don't think those were the Amazons at the end. I spotted several men in the crowd (unless they were just ... ahem ... very handsome women).

My one-word analysis of that episode: Yawn.

Although I did like another appearance from Negan's smiley right-hand man. I think I like him more than Negan. One question though. Why did it take so long for the word of Daryl's escape to get out. Maybe I'm fuzzy on the timeline between the last two episodes, but it seems like he had been out for awhile when Negan put out the call on the walkies.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You might be right. I just assumed it was the group of women just because that was the last group that hadn't been brought into the fold during that episode. There were a couple of people who looked like men, so I could easily be wrong. Just the boat area we only saw one the guy scouting, so I wasn't sure if there would be a whole group behind him. He could easily have been one of many, but my gut says it was the "Amazons" who captured Rick.

The question is going to be who among that group did Rick see that caused him to smile ...

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It seems as if it hasn't been long since Daryl escaped, maybe a day or two.

Negan was at Alexandria when it happened, and I'm guessing it took a while for him to get back to the compound and find out Daryl was gone.

8. outofplace

Nothing at all on last night?

I thought it was pretty good, especially the parts with Darryl being Darryl. It was interesting to see how that one relationship still transcends everything else for those two characters. And yes, I think she knew he was lying.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For a show that's slowly reaching its destination, last night was the equivalent of putting the cat in second gear.

10. outofplace

I do think they are trying a little too hard to come up with stunts to provide action while they move all of the pieces into place. Not that I didn't think the bit with the two cars and the cord cutting all those walkers in half last week was cool. It was a cool visual. It just struck me as a stunt rather than something that was story driven. The same was true of the walker that looked like something out of a Mad Max movie last night.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Carol and Daryl stuff was really good. And at some point, Daryl is going to unleash some serious fury. That should be fun.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

To be fair...the comics at the same point where pretty 'drag on'-ish. So this is lightning speed what's going on compared to the source material.

And what's up with the Trash People. Creepy.

Draft saved Draft deleted