1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

HC likes this.
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Carl's plan worked. He had the chance to shoot Negan and he didn't because ...
    No reason. Just didn't do it because ...

Also, can the guy who plays Negan stop leaning backwards every time he delivers a line?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

#showsodumb

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Buck, something is seriously wrong with you if you really are still watching a show you hate that much.

KYSportsWriter and spikechiquet like this.
  5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Because he is a kid and kid's plans are dumb when he realized he was going to die if he tried to shoot Negan.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I know this season is following the comic but honestly, it feels like Walking Dead fan fiction.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I actually disagree. I don't think I've enjoyed a single episode of this season minus the season premiere. I've spent most of the past six episodes hating and shitting on the majority of the characters and storylines.

But ... I've been wathing for six and a half seasons. It has become kind of a routine for me. I always watch the day after because I'm usually doing something else Sunday night. So Monday night, I'm usually just sitting around with nothing better to do, so I go through the normal routine of watching Walking Dead, something I've been doing for awhile. And there is a part of me that wants to see where they go with this thing, even if I hate its current location.

Also, there's something to be said for actively hate-watching something.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

That said, this was a much better episode, but it was also the episode for me where Negan's antics and delivery were starting to feel over the top and annoying. The lean-back thing Buck said was really starting to piss me off.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My wife usually doesn't watch but watched that episode. She couldn't believe Carl didn't shoot him.

"Was the gun full of blanks?"

"No. He killed two guys."

"That's just stupid."

Hey, we've been hating Car-rol for years!

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't think I hate it. That's too strong a sentiment.
    I don't like it, and I attempted to stop watching. However, I live with a TWD fan. She likes that I watch it with her, so I watch it with her.
    I do not acquiesce to all, but watching a TV show with her is a pretty easy thing to do as her spouse.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Pretty good episode last night. They had some nice set up for what the Spring run will hold with the Kingdom begging Carol to help them get ready for war and Maggie clearly taking control of Hilltop. Then the Alexandria action was just right. I totally thought Negan was going to accept Spencer's offer to create division within the town so they would be too busy fighting each other to resist his rule. Also glad to see them not milk Rosita's bullet for a long ass time.

The ending was a bit cheesy with the grand reunion but it's obvious shit is going down when they restart the season.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh and line of the night was when the Savior is hitting on Spencer and sees Eugene looking on
    "Hey hair cut. You like to watch or something?"
    "Yes."

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    KYSportsWriter and Deskgrunt50 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted