1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazon trims field to 20

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

As in, would be bulldozed? Wow.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, they have big plans for that whole area if Amazon comes.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't know if we'll land Amazon's HQ2, but we did win one recent competition:

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Dallas can’t handle what it’s got coming now as it is already. They can’t build houses and roads and schools fast enough. Throw in another 50,000 jobs. People will have to commute from Oklahoma soon.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Was disappointed to see that Connecticut’s two contenders from my area, Bridgeport and Stamford, didn’t make the cut. Then again, Bridgeport recently re-elected a mayor who spent years in prison for corruption, and the former mayor of Stamford, Dan Malloy, is currently the worst governor in the country. I’m gonna keep my eyes on this Amazon; they seem smart and might have a future.

6. YankeeFan

It’s going to take some time, once the decision is made, for a headquarters/campus to be built, and filled with 50,000 workers.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I believe the figure cited here was 5000 jobs a year for 10 years.

8. YankeeFan

Yeah, I’d imagine this would allow for cities to ramp up and meet the housing and infrastructure demands.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Thank goodness! I cheered when they cut my 'hood loose during the first cull.

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I thought that when Arlington voted to build a new stadium for the Rangers there were already redevelopment plans for the old park. What, if anything, is being planned?

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think they have some loose ideas, but nothing set.

Draft saved Draft deleted